Grouvee Food: Brews

This is THE place to post your recent recipes or drink queries. I’ve taken up tending bar recently and I feel like I got a lot to learn. Maybe dive into this forum occasionally to post a picture of your Moscow Mule, tell Peter that he needs muddle his mint, or ask how you can replicate the boozy mojito you got on your vacay to Cuba. We all drink (maybe not booze but everyone drinks something). We may as well help each other make our drinks delicious. Also, gaming is better with a drink. I said it! Having a fun drink while gaming just makes two great things better.

Anyway be nice in this space. We ain’t too fancy. If you want to post a two-ingredient mimosa, that’s cool. If you want to post a ten-step recreation of something Zapp Brannigan drinks on Futurama, be my guest. Just be respectful. Don’t yuck anybody’s yum.

5 Likes

I made a Pegu Club. It’s a heck of a drink, very refreshing and the bitters add a nice spiciness. I should have used orange bitters as well but I don’t have any at home. But I’m glad I made this. I think it’ll enter my regular line up of drinks.

Mine is clear instead of orange because I used Triple Sec instead of a more colorful liqueur.

7 Likes

I made a “By the Beach” Cocktail. 2.5 oz Panama Rum, 1 oz orange juice, 4 oz pineapple juice, 2 pumps cream of coconut all shaken with ice. It’s very fruit forward and tropical. My brother-in-law and then my brother’s family will be staying with us over the next few weeks. I imagine this will be a regularly offered drink while hosting.

4 Likes

I’m drinking wine out of a ball jar because my son wanted an empty wine bottle for a craft. @georgeypoorgey, what time do I show up for all these fancy drinks?

7 Likes

Bro come by anytime. I’ll put on Janelle Monae, order a Lou’s pizza, and make us some spiked Limonadas.

4 Likes

A nice red in a mason jar can be very unpretentious and enjoyable. Visit Italy or Spain and you’ll find yourself served some of the best wine you’ve ever had in homey glassware. But the important question, which red are you drinking?

I didn’t take a snap, but I was drinking a Yuzu Saison from Godspeed Brewery earlier. Quite a lovely brew.

4 Likes

It’s surreal seeing real pictures of internet people. Hope you enjoyed the drink!

3 Likes

Made a blackberry daiquiri this morning. 2 oz white rum, 1 lime, .75 oz simple syrup, and 5 blackberries muddled and then shaken with ice. Single strained because I kinda like lime pulp in my drink.

My kid is playing Professor Layton: Unwound Future in the background.

5 Likes

Made a watermelon paloma by blending up 1 cup of cubed watermelon with 0.5 oz of agave, 1.5 oz of tequila, and the juice of half a lime. Poured over ice.

5 Likes

Does the face indicate the mix was not a success?

3 Likes

That’s my “this is my third drink of the day and I forget what face to make” face. It was a real refreshing summer drink. I’ll almost certainly make them today.

3 Likes

I forgot y’all are on holiday.

3 Likes

The US sucks but BBQs rule so today is complicated.

3 Likes

It’s ok, Canada’s celebration of colonialism was on Saturday, so I’m with you. But you guys do BBQ better, so I don’t even have that as a consolation. Also fireworks scare the dog, so that’s never fun either.

3 Likes

It’s Lulu’s (my cavapoo puppy) first Fourth of July. She’s done well with the early bootleg fireworks, but we’ll see how she does tonight.

3 Likes

Zoey, who we were dog sitting, isn’t ours but she’s a shitzu-poodle mix. Well, we think she’s half shitzu, but she’s definitely half poodle. She’s generally pretty chill, but she was hiding behind the basement toilet to shelter herself from the sounds.

3 Likes

3 Likes

5 Likes

Why don’t you write georgeypoorgey on your glass? Or better yet, georgeypoUrgey. Because you poured the drinks.

6 Likes

I have a bunch of lemons I need to use up. I’ve been making boozy lemonades for the wife and me. Two questions for the Grouvee panel-

1. What booze do you use with lemonade? I have some fancy bourbon that I was gifted. I’ve made several Bourbon Lemon Smashes, but I don’t want to drink up all this bourbon so quickly. I did a vodka lemonade tonight that I did not like. The vodka aftertaste paired poorly with the sour from the lemonade. Any recommendations?

2. Any other lemon drinks you enjoy- boozy or otherwise?

3 Likes