Grouvee Food: Brews

1. Lemon and gin, perfect combination.
  2. I really enjoy a lambic or sour brewed with lemon
3 Likes

Pimms is a decent mix with lemon or tangy fruits. Not sure if you can get that (or an equivalent) over there though.

3 Likes

Use the bourbon! What bourbon are we talking here btw?

3 Likes

Angel’s Envy. I checked online, and it is like $50 something a bottle! I only spend that much on Mario games and weed!

5 Likes

And Mario Legos…I suppose those could be more though

3 Likes

Bourbon drinkers:

Scotch drinkers: “how cute!”

3 Likes

Maybe if I keep moving forward in my career, I will eventually be buying my comparably young neighbor a $50 bourbon for Father’s Day AKA just cause. But as it stands, my money is devoured by my four kids and dog. Gotta save my buckaroos for cheaper booze.

4 Likes

It was not an indictment of your booze purchasing choices, it was entirely a joke about the fact that you can get nice and tasty bourbon* for prices that make scotch drinkers jealous and weep, lol.

*Full disclosure, I don’t enjoy bourbon but I respect the craft. So my post was not intended to fan the flames of the whiskey vs. whisky wars.

3 Likes

I did not take it as an indictment. I’m becoming a booze hobbyist but on a budget.

I don’t even know the difference between Whiskey and Whisky although I’m sure someone will enlighten me. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Quick and dirty version:

Whiskey = American or Irish
Whisky = Scottish, Canadian or Japanese

Or in other words:

Whiskey includes Bourban, Kentucky Whiskey and other American Whiskeys, as well as Irish Whiskeys

Whisky includes Scotch, Rye and Japanese Whisky

4 Likes

Very easy for such a pretty result. Coulda done an orange wheel for a garnish

4 Likes

Gonna come in here in a day or two an ruin y’all’s hoity toity drinkin club with some apple pie moonshine. Lol. A friend/co-worker of mine is a homebrew experimentalist and gives it away cause he can’t sell it.

4 Likes

Lol I love it. I’ve had legit moonshine once. It was phenomenal.

If there is anything to learn from my posts about my drinks, it is that anyone can do it. Just bought a drink making set and some booze, and I’ve been off to the races.

3 Likes

If made properly it can be very good, but it can also come out pretty awful lol. I haven’t had any in awhile.

3 Likes

It’s been 9 years for me. I remember because I had it at a close friend’s moving away party. He then moved back less than a year later lol.

2 Likes

I’ll probably have some “fernet con coca” later today. Get a glass, 4 ice cubes, grab fernet (branca, there’s no other worthy of the name) and cover the cubes with it, top it with coke. For the full experience, get a 1.5l coke bottle, bin 1l (or drink it idc), cut the bottle in half, top it with fernet, and drink directly from there. If you don’t like having lip cuts, burn the edges of the bottle with a lighter.

5 Likes

This sounds amazing. I want a picture.

2 Likes

Won’t do the second one as it’s only reserved to intercity bus trips with hooligans (and I will get kicked out if I dare to bin half a bottle of coke) but from the first one, will do.

4 Likes

And here is my fernet con coca. If it looks like coca cola, well, both have the same colour basically.

5 Likes

I need to make one and try it!

Totally unrelated, save for the fact that it’s also made with coke, I really want to make Kalimotxo.

4 Likes