Game Recomendations?

I know I started a thread about this a while back, but I wonder if this might ever be something that the site would do? In that, if you wish, it could recommend games to you that you’ve played but might enjoy based on other played games and the scores you’ve given them?

I realise these is probably a lot of coding shenanigans that would go into something like this so totally understand if it’s not something that could/will be done.

1 Like

I might not be understanding your question right, but if you go to your Played shelf, you can use the Tell Me What To Play button and it will do that for whatever shelf you’re on. Are you asking about it suggesting games to re-play?

1 Like

Well I tried that and it gave me this

I don’t even own it and I gave it one star, so definitely broken :wink:

2 Likes

That button may or may not be a completely random number drawn out of a hat. Who’s to say?

4 Likes

YOU TOLD ME IT WAS SCIENCE, HOW DARE YOU.

yes this is a complete sentence, website

2 Likes

I actually use this feature all the time to figure out what I’m playing next :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry, I made a typo in my original question that totally changed the meaning. It should have read

it could recommend games to you that you’ve NOT played but might enjoy based on other played games and the scores you’ve given them?

So basically, if you have to play a new game similar to ones you’ve enjoyed the site will give you some suggestions.

@peter - it looks like Tell Me What To Play button only appears on the old shelf layout, at least I couldn’t find it on the new.

2 Likes

I think it would be pretty cool to have a lottery like system that could choose a game based off your interests.

1 Like