Recommend Me A Game

The last Forza Horizon I played was 3. I played 2 and really enjoyed but didn’t plan to buy another as I was happy with that, but once 3 was set in Australia I just had to. I think it’s the better of the two, and not just because of the setting (it’s a pretty fictionalised version of the country. Distance is very truncated, to put it mildly). I “finished” it in such a way that you can ever finish those games, but I didn’t get all the cars etc. Should really go back and give it another go.

If the next Horizon game gets good reviews I’ll probs pick it up.

2 Likes

Do you have Game Pass? Both 4 and 5 are on Game Pass. 4 is set in the UK. I really enjoy both. Racing feels more fluid in 5 but 4 is still pretty great.

3 Likes

No, I don’t. I’ll probably check out at least 4 at some point as my wife wants to be able to drive around London without the traffic. :smile:

4 Likes

I think it’s on sale semi-frequently enough.

2 Likes

4 is 20 bucks right now. 5 is like 30 i think

2 Likes

I’ve seen copies on sale on eBay in the UK for £10-13.

3 Likes

A game similar to the Hero of the Kingdom franchise, by similar I mean either 1- same point and click system/hidden object; 2- not exactly the same genre but with similar graphics/ost (I dunno if it’s a unpopular opinion but I really liked the art style of the games and I think that’s similar to old games but I never played anything like these before lol).

2 Likes

I’ve not heard of the series before, but it seems to be an old school CRPG? But you also mention hidden object games, which RPGs certainly aren’t. As such I’m not sure what to recommend, but perhaps something like the Broken Sword games which kind of combines both those things in a very loose way?

2 Likes

Another great game that I would have to recommend is Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for the original xbox!

1 Like

While I haven’t beaten it, I really liked what I played of the first game. I don’t have any exact comparison suggestions but maybe some distant cousin recommendations you might enjoy? I assume you’re playing on Steam so all of these recommendations will be Steam titles.

2 Likes

Anyone know of any games similar to Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes?

2 Likes

Legend of solgard maybe? Ive heard it mentioned as being similiar, but never played it. Not even sure what its on

I absolutely love this game too. I might recommend the following:

1 Like

Thanks, will check those out!

2 Likes

That’s the mobile game I mentioned on the main site (I think). It is very similar, but eventually you hit a wall where you basically can’t go further unless you start shilling out for it. I don’t mind supporting devs of good games, but that things just got stupid.

3 Likes

Thanks, I had forgotten that I asked this here lol I think that hero of the kingdom is pretty unique that looks like a rpg but it’s just casual point and click. I am gonna check these games.

1 Like

I had forgotten I’ve asked this here lol but thanks, I have played some of these, I’m gonna check the others.

1 Like

ALso i you have an old xbox I recomend project gotham racing 2.

I know, I know, I have an unhealthy obsession with F-Zero.

But with that said, if you’re looking for an arcade racer I am basically obligated to suggest F-Zero. There’s a handful of options, but I would generally suggest choosing between F-Zero X on the N64 and F-Zero GX on the GameCube. Nothing against the top-down SNES/GBA titles, I love those too. But X and GX are just fantastic. I think I wrote a (concerningly long) review of GX if you feel like popping over to the main Grouvee site to hunt it down.

I’d suggest playing both if you have time, but the tl;dr of what I like about them:

F-Zero X has a hard-rock style with super cool music and aesthetics, and the driving has this really smooth flow to it.

F-Zero GX really nails the feeling of going WAY too fast, with crazy tight controls. If you like the early 2000s Sega vibe, great news because this game was developed by AV. The graphics and music kinda have that classic Sega feeling to them.

1 Like

Or you could play a real racing game like Wipeout :+1: all in jest. Lol
I want a remaster or port of F zero GX so bad. That game is fantastic and probably one of the only racing games i actually consider hard.

2 Likes