Four in February (2020)

The only thing with Guildlings is that if you end up enjoying it you’ll be sad when it’s over.

2 Likes

Finally Game Number 3

Took way too long to finish it. Only one more week :o

1 Like

Game number one completed. I didn’t quite intend to finish it but I once again stumbled onto Ganon and had a fight on my hands. I’m sure I’ll putz around some more in game but with all shrines, and all DLC complete I can consider this one technically finished.

1 Like

Game number two. Quite short and sweet. I’ll post it later when I pull the screenshots from my Switch, but this game includes a sentiment that resonates with me deeply.

1 Like

SHAUN, Shaun, I did it! I did the Four In February Challenge!

3 Likes

Number three complete. My partner and I were playing this one together and we polished it off today. Loved the first half but the second half is not as atmospherically scary as the the first.

2 Likes

As of last night I’m partway through the Judgment finalé! Confident I’ll finish in the next day or two.

1 Like

Number four complete! Thoroughly enjoyable game, and I’m sure I will play the new game + sooner or later. For now I’m done with the main story and all available dungeons.

3 Likes

How has no one mentioned the sheep dominatrix scene in Toonstruck yet?

3 Likes

I just finished Judgment about thirty minutes ago! (Review here)

And with that, I met my goal! That’s likely all I’ll finish this month, though I wouldn’t rule out playing Guildlings if the mood strikes.

4 Likes

I have completed the Four in February challenge:

These are the games I finished:

Final Fantasy 6 - SNES (first time ever)
20XX - PS4
Transistor - PS4
Shovel Knight King Of Cards - Nintendo Switch

5 Likes

I got two more in before the end of the month. Hopefully, I’ll have a job next month! I know I’ve hit the four, but I thought I’d mention these for the sake of completion!

1. 26/02 World of Horror - had an absolute blast with this on the PC game pass once the frequent crashes were fixed. There’s not currently much to it given that I already know the game inside and out, but I can’t wait for it to be expanded upon. Both the visuals and music - especially the music - have a way of getting under your skin. I’ve been unnerved all week with tracks pirouetting in my head. The overload of imagery, of which so much is of a ‘hidden horror in plain sight’ nature, scares me in spite of my general resistance to most horror. The UI initially overwhelms and the gameplay initially underwhelms, but even after successful runs, I’ve found it difficult to pry myself away. /8 hours

2. 28/02 Lair of the Clockwork God - It’s like the Spec Ops The Line of 90s point and click games. That might not make much sense to read, but know that it’s fantastically funny and well-written. Whilst it leans heavily on meta-Commentary, it never becomes tiresome. Most impressively, it somehow smashes point & click and platforming together into coherent puzzling that’s something all of its own. /10 hours

3 Likes

Does a new save file and technically new game of Dead Cells count? I did one run on normal a couple nights ago and beat the Hand of The King (boss of the game).

I’m really grasping for something. If this is deemed a game completion then I’m up to two and this is the last day in February.

Today is my PAX East recovery day. Hours of MTG commander and playing video games, dealing with crowds, tons of walking around Boston jumping trains and subway cars, trying to find food that matches my lifestyle (whole foods plant based diet), drinking beer, navigating traffic, and searching to free pins to decorate my backpack has left me in a state of fatigue that can only be remedied by hours of video games.

In other words, I have no plans, my wife is working a double shift today so basically all I can do is play video games. Life is hard being a gamer :smiley: If I can complete two games today then I’ll hit the Four in February challenge.

Now I must be strategic about what to complete…Wish my luck Grouvers!

3 Likes

I may have cheated by only playing short games. The good news is most of these are free. Either way glad to say I finished a challenge for the first time :grin: This was so much fun :+1:

1. Kathy Rain: Finished it in february, but didnt start it on it. It was a nice game. The ending felt weird, but it was a beautiful and fun game.
    (Point and click adventure)
    3.5/5

2. Kyle is Famous: Incredibly random and I loved the variety of endings.
    (Text based point and click adventure)
    4/5

3. Hiveswap Act 1: I loved it more than I expected. The art style is cute and the characters are amazing. (Point and click adventure)
    4/5

4. Kill or Love:It wasn’t what I expected (I had high expectations) which is why I didnt like it. (Visual Novel)
    2/5

5. A Game About: It was a different yet good experience.
    (Point and click adventure)
    2.5/5

5 Likes

Yes, it certainly counts.

2 Likes

By the way, what’s the thing that excites you the most at PAX East? Anything that you’re really looking forward to?

1 Like

That sounds more like intelligent planning to me :slight_smile:

In all honesty, I’m just happy that I think I’ve played 4 different games this month. There was no chance of me ever finishing one of course. I played a little bit of Kingdom Hearts with my son, Toonstruck because of this thread, Dragon Quest XI, and Jak and Daxter (also with my son). This month has been fun.

4 Likes

This is the third year I’ve gone and I always enjoy the Devolver booth, White Wizard (eventhough I didn’t see it this year), Motion Twin, and I love the different Magic:The Gathering dealers and retro game vendors.

My mission this time around was to check out more booths, which I’m happy to say that I did compared to previous years. A big draw for me is MTG and it brings back memories of high school and college when I went to several pre-releases and Grand Prix throughout the year.

for the longest time MTG had huge pre-releases, thousands of people playing sealed and draft events. I loved those and would often check out artists I followed and get some original sketches (Rebecca Guay being my favorite).

So, long answer, I go mostly for MTG nostalgia. Commander being my favorite format, I often sign up for those tournaments because the players are friendly and there are often crazy plays with lots of powerful cards dropping. Even if someone combos off (sorry @bmo if you’re not familiar with the terms) I enjoy watching how they do it and just appreciate the beautiful cards they play (often they’re foil/signed/alternate art).

If only there were some comic book dealers I would be in nerd heaven!

2 Likes

That’s an accomplishment (no sarcasm).

How does your son enjoy the games?

1 Like

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t dabble in MTG in high school. Still have my deck somewhere.

Sounds like a damn fun time!

1 Like