Feedback, suggestions, say hi!

hi i’m new : )

i was wondering & want to offer some suggestions. i put it under a summary thing because it became long, sorry about that, I’m just curious if any of these are ideas you’d like to implement

could there be more functionality to profiles? for example

Summary
  1. sections on your main profile view. i looked at the “about me” section and it doesn’t really work/look nice to put some of these items in the description:
  • friend codes on consoles (3ds, wii u, steam etc.)
  • website links (steam profiles, twitch, youtube or other social media)
  • a little badge/picture of consoles i own (nes, ps3, 3ds etc.)
  • other misc. items such as # of games on wishlist/played/playing/backlog (and/or % of games of each)
  1. banner image or solid colour option instead of the gray box with the description

And for the “my games” list:

Summary
  1. ability to have/see notes on the “my games” list (or an icon to click to show the notes i wrote on a game. having a separate notes section would be ideal to keep note of things/easy to access instead of using private status update)

2. ability to post a status update (with tweet option) but from the “my games” page (easier to access and use than going to the game page)

3. option to use smaller thumbnails or text only views (no boxart = more games on a page?) and streamlining the games page by moving the columns and rows so text stays on one line. it’s infinitely easier to read and nicer to look at while letting people choose which view they like more. Perhaps the text only option allows you to see all your games on 1 page?

so far, i really like the twitter integration, how i can make my own lists, and being able to check which version of a game i own (amazing for older releases that became digitized instead of keeping both entries on my list and not knowing what to do with the other one). and actually being able to see my entire wishlist :rofl: thanks for the site you’ve made!

1 Like

Hello!
Love the site and am quite please with the dark mode feature that comes with the “I-feel-bad-for-using-Ubloc-but-I-can’t-stand-League-of-Legend-ads” Gold subscription. Is there any way to extend it to the forum aswell?

Thanks for the good work. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’m glad you’re enjoying it.

As for a dark theme here, I haven’t quite figured out how to make it so only Gold members could have it. I also haven’t looked in a little while, and this forum software gets updated a lot. I might be able to do something with it now.

Hello! I have a feedback/suggestion, would it be possible to include an option to target multiplatform games only? For example when I check “Nintendo Switch” and “PC” it shows games on the PC, and then games on the switch, is there a way to make it so that the search engine shows games available both on the PC and Switch instead? Rather than seperate?

1 Like

Hey, I just discovered this site today and I’m already in love with it.

The only thing I’d like to change is the rating system. A Rating between 0 and 5 is just not enough for me and i would much prefer a 0-10 rating system. I have so many games I really like but are not a 5/5 for me but still better than most of my 4/5 games. Addind a 4,5 (or 9) would just be perfect

1 Like

Hi, and welcome to Grouvee!

Currently there is no plan to change the rating system. There are various arguments for and against a five star system, however at this time five stars is what has been deemed most suitable. The post wheer @peter, the site founder, explains it best can be found here: Replace the 5-star Rating System. It is always possible this will be revisited in the future, but for now 5 stars is the system in place.

Hello, I use Groovee from time to time and i love it. I whish we could be notified when an upcoming game in my whishlist is released :grinning:

3 Likes

Hello!

Would it be possible to somehow show what percentage of the top 250 games we’ve completed? There could maybe be a little checkmark next to the ones we have marked as completed or maybe even a percentage number listed at the top of the page? It could be similar to how imdb does their top 250 movies.

Thanks so much and keep up the great work!!

1 Like

I have some suggestions:

1. Indicate in the list of games if you’ve posted a review about a game. It could be like a checkmark or X between “avg rating” and “platform”. Or it could even be a 6th button, next to Played.

2. On the main page, indicate what game a comment is about. Now it just says “commented on this review/status”.

3. Allow us to copy the contents of one shelf to another.

4. If a game only has one platform, automatically use that.

5. Let players pick a default platform and let them assign it to all games they own that are on that platform.

6. Show all shelves by default.

7. Grouping options for shelves. Like, let me make a group called “launchers” where i can put all the launcher that i use. And let me sort that group manually or automatically.

8. Let everyone make a top 25 (or whatever), show it on their profile and make a separate list of top games based on that. Call it “top 100 favourites” or something.

9. Have a profile page where people can display their favourite review, a game they want to recommend, a shelf they like, a forum post they want to bring to attention, etc.

10. Handle expansions and DLC better. A search for DLC brings up only 4 pages. Some expansions have pages, most don’t. At the very least there should be links between the page of a game and it’s expansion packs.

11. Have a separate space for notes on the game page. Perhaps right above Review. This way you could easily add information like which major DLC you own yourself.

12. Hi!

4 Likes

Hi!

I love this list. I might not get to a lot of this for a long time, but a lot of the things on this list are on my to do list. Dang kids make me a little slow!

1 Like

To be fair I would really want to see a comment section somewhere on my own profile just to be able to interact with the community from the front page easier (welcoming new users, general fast chit-chat etc). A way to see stats on it would be interesting as well (such as total amount of views or views divided through it).

This is of course a personal opinion.
Also hello and welcome to Grouvee for the new users around here. :wave:

hello, long time no post. I’m on a new account, don’t have boxart editing capabilities anymore, and noticed some of them are whacked. Not sure what’s happening, as they don’t seem to be updating with Giant Bomb. 2 examples are The Last of Us and The Last Guardian. Giant Bomb’s box art is normal, Grouvee’s is not.

Can you elaborate? Both look ok to me and seem to match what is on Giant Bomb.

something must’ve changed… they were different before. I guess someone corrected the problem. Thanks to whomever did this!

Likely one of the admins.

Yeah, I went in and removed some of the box art that was uploaded a long time ago on those. Giant Bomb must have had bad box art initially, so we probably uploaded something in its place. Once we upload something, that takes precedence over Giant Bomb’s data. That’s why it wouldn’t update with their uploads.

Welcome back!

2 Likes

I think part of the review form should be selecting which platform the game was played on. Many games, especially older ones, can be very different experiences and quality depending on the platform its played on.

1 Like

Hate to say it, but the bad box art is back on the Last of Us. Not sure what’s going there. :sweat_smile:

Looks fine here. I just re-uploaded the same art with a different filename. I had a problem with art that had the same filename once. Might just be a broswer/cache issue.

https://www.giantbomb.com/the-last-of-us/3030-36989/ this is the official box art. Still shows up as a weird poster here.