Feedback, suggestions, say hi!

Wow, thatā€™s bizarre. Iā€™ll do some experimenting tonight.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not intermittent either. I can produce the effect every time I write a comment on the main site. Best of luck locating the issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

All thatā€™s left to do for the upgrade is to get the social media login stuff to work again. All other features are working currently. Thereā€™s testing to do of course, but Iā€™m pretty happy with the progress thatā€™s been made the last couple of weeks. Iā€™m hoping to deploy all of this wonderful stuff next weekend. Fingers crossed!

Just to temper expectations, you probably wonā€™t even notice a difference in the site other than a few nagging bugs being gone. Iā€™ve just updated the framework and 3rd party libraries on the site to their latest versions, but havenā€™t added any features. This will allow me to add new features quickly, but right after the deploy, you wonā€™t notice anything other than what Iā€™ve broken :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll post here when Itā€™s done.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if thereā€™s a way to delete play start or end date information for a particular game? Or if there is any way to delete play dates completely?

1 Like

Hi, just wanted to mention that Atilla Total War a standalone game in the total war series is missing from grouvee.

2 Likes

It appears that it is already on Grouvee:

Also a friendly heads-up, there is a specific forum for requesting the addition games that are missing from the database. If you find any games that are not on Grouvee, please do post there :smiley:

1 Like

If you go to a gameā€™s page, you can delete any play data youā€™ve entered by clicking the delete link under the playthrough data. If you click edit, you can change the dates, or delete them. You can also do this from your profile page on the playthroughs tab.

1 Like

I am almost done with this monster undertaking of updating Grouvee to Django 1.9.

Just about everything is working again, with a few little enhancements here and there. Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve broken a couple of things, but weā€™ll figure that out as we go. Iā€™m going to try and deploy this when I have a few hours that I can be by a computer. If I drop the update before I go to work one day, thereā€™s no guarantee I can get to a computer to fix anything that breaks. Most likely Iā€™ll deploy next weekend when there arenā€™t as many people on the Internet because itā€™s a holiday weekend here in America.

Thanks for hanging around while I get this working. Iā€™m so excited to finally be almost done and to get some new features built soon!

2 Likes

I may actually push out the new stuff in the next couple of days. It just depends on my schedule. All of the code is in place, I just need to figure out how to deploy Docker stuff on a new Linux server and transfer all of the existing data over.

Should be a lot of fun!!

5 Likes

I know youā€™re working super hard Peter and we appreciate your work very much! But I had a couple little ideas today that perhaps some people might like or discuss. :slight_smile:

The first thing, Iā€™m not sure perhaps this already exists? But I thought it might be cool to have polls on the forum (or in Grouvee status updates). Seems like a lot of topics here are ā€œwhatā€™s your favourite genreā€, things like that. Could be fun to be able to put a little poll inside a forum thread (although in hindsight I guess we could do an external poll like http://www.strawpoll.me/).

Another idea might be to add more categories to the forum. Atm itā€™s just the 6 categories, I think thereā€™s room to expand further and make it more refined, like splitting it into deeper groups or little sub-communities (e.g. Systems --> GameCube, PC, Nintendo, Xbox; Genres? FanArt? Something?). Also I think the two sections ā€œOff-topicā€ and ā€œUncategorisedā€ seem like they mean the same thing?

However the main idea I have, I might have mentioned it here before, would be a better way to connect to friends on Grouvee. Sometimes I want to draw someoneā€™s attention to something, but I donā€™t think itā€™s possible atm. For example, Iā€™ve seen this new game released today: BlazBlue: Revolution Reburning (2016) | Grouvee
It would be awesome if I could go to that page, and write an update by going ā€œ@peter Hey look itā€™s that game you were looking for,ā€ alerting a friend via the update.Or alternatively going to a friendā€™s Grouvee profile and posting a message on their actual profile page. I feel like it would be cool to have more features on profile pages, like the steam profileā€¦ to be able to add your favourite screenshots or things like that, make it more personal and connected.

Just some ideas, take it with a grain of salt, though Iā€™ll be interested to hear your and other peoplesā€™ thoughts. :grin:

1 Like

You can currently do that on the forums like this:

[poll]
  - Choice 1
  - Choice 2
[/poll]

It looks something like this:

• Persona 4 Golden
  • Persona 4
0 voters

I couldnā€™t agree more with with this. Iā€™m going to be taking the editor from the forums and making it the editor on the main site, and when I do that, Iā€™m going to add in the ability to do @ replies. I definitely think we need them.

2 Likes

Woah, did the site get hacked? Everytime I search I get taken to a watch company, and there are some pretty wonky statuses that look like spam.

1 Like

We didnā€™t get hacked, but these spammers have figured out how to get crappy css code past my HTML filter code. Iā€™ve got samples of their comments, and Iā€™m figuring out how to get fix up my stuff so they canā€™t do it anymore.

Everything should be back to normal right now.

1 Like

Glad itā€™s back to normal! :slight_smile: We must be the target market for aggressive jacket and watch sales :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve fixed the issue that the Spambot was getting through. Iā€™m a little embarrassed actually. When I moved Grouvee over to the new backend infrastructure, I had to update the comments code I was using. I left one little line of code out that would clean up crappy comments and keep javascript and other bad HTML out. Oops!

1 Like

I am sure you have enough on your plate, but just wanted to give you a heads up that the truncation (or missing text) issue persists. I know you mentioned a possible roll-out of a new comment system (I think you did) so it might not be priority at this point. Nonetheless, it is a strange bug and I am curious to know the cause, if you ever isolate it.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

Loving the site. This site has allowed me to take a lot off memory/mind and put it down into a simple easy to follow layout. Iā€™m now able to keep track of my gaming.

P.S.
Thank you for all your hard work Peter.

2 Likes

Iā€™m working on adding this editor in as the editor on the main site right now, although Iā€™ve not successfully been able to replicate the truncation bug. Iā€™m not saying itā€™s not doing it in your browser, I just canā€™t seem to get it to do it on my end. Iā€™m using the status box on the front page to test, and if I remember correctly you said it happens when you post anywhere, correct?

1 Like

It happens from several devices:

Chrome on Windows 7
Opera on Windows 7
iPhone running iOS 9 (latest build)
iPad running iOS 9 (latest build)
Safari on OS 10.9 and OS 10.11

1 Like

Iā€™ll keep looking into it in the meantime. Neither my iPhone or iPad do it, and neither of my Windows 7 machines do it.

Iā€™m just hoping that adding in the Markdown editor fixes it.

Thatā€™s just so odd though.

1 Like