Favorite Books?

Following PyramidHeadcrab’s list of favorite games from Topster, I created one of my favorite books. I cheated a little by including some box sets/anthologies for some of my favorite multi-book series. Anyway, here’s my list

4 Likes

I don’t read a lot of books these days but one of my favorites ever is Ella Minnow Pea by Mark Dunn. Really cool concept and a quick, fun read.

3 Likes

I’ve not read frequently enough after young adulthood (or maybe still in it?) to have a list that reflects my favorites throughout my entire life. I’d like to change that given how often I used to read. I’ll see if I can think of 25, but might just post 16 or 9 instead.

Included a few series since they cannot exist separately in my mind anymore.

2 Likes

Making this made me realize how hard it is for me to think of my favs off the top of my head. I mostly went off of my goodreads and what I found looking over my shelves at home. I bundled book series together so when you see a single volume of a series, I’m including the entire series, except for Hitchhiker’s Guide because I’ve only read 1-3.

If you couldn’t tell, I like stuffy classics and graphic novels/manga. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Huh, I was actually going to start a thread asking if anyone used anything like StoryGraph, so glad I found this thread.

I consider myself a fairly big reader, but admittedly 80-90% of that is comics/ graphic novels. Anyway, my top 20, in no particular order, are as follows;

Probably others, but that’s all I can think of off the top of my head.

Sorry I couldn’t make a cool graphic like you guys. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Making charts or lists like these always makes me realize how I really need to revisit some of my long-standing favourites because some of these I’ve last read (at least all the way through) over a decade ago.

3 Likes

I read Gary Webb’s Dark Alliance a few years back about connections between the CIA and drug smuggling. That sent me down a bit of a conspiracy rabbit hole and now I’m reading Whitney Webb’s (as far as I know, no relation) One Nation Under Blackmail about the connections between Epstein and American intelligence. I have to say, it’s very compelling. Combined with the Netflx series about Danny Casolaro and Wendigoon’s video about the JFK assassination, I’m quickly becoming a bit of conspiracy theorist about how American intelligence has engaged in a criminal behavior within the US.

1 Like