EarthBound

This is the discussion/completion topic for EarthBound. Please keep any spoilers blurred!

Title: Fuzzy Pickles

If you’ve completed the game, let us know below and an admin will make sure you get your badge!

Thank you to @kupomog337 for the badge!!!

2 Likes

I completed this one way back when. Also, if we have a badge for Mother 2, I would put forth that we would need one for Mother 3 as well. Let me know.

3 Likes

Don’t forget Mother 1! I might make one for it soon.

2 Likes

Yes please! One of my favs!! oghiewankenobi beat me to it lol

2 Likes

ah, sorry about that. Didn’t know you planned on making one.

1 Like

@peter, speaking about making badges, is there a specific process through which we can submit our ideas and icon designs? I would love to contribute one elsewhere as well.

2 Likes

No, it’s all fine, it was just on the list I’m making. It’s a very large list anyways.

3 Likes

Yes I finished Earthbound circa 1995. Borrowed it from my friend, including the giant guide with scratch-n-sniff stickers! Still one of my fave JRPGs. HD-2D remake would be nice.

3 Likes

Great game. :+1: I finished it couple years ago on SNES Classic mini.

3 Likes

Enjoyed finishing this on Wii U VC. Pretty fun and interesting battle mechanics

2 Likes

@peter could I have this badge por favor?

3 Likes

I didn’t know this had a badge and I would like it if only to tell the rest of you all that I endured the battle against the galactic abortion seriously devs wtf was that?

3 Likes

well you said it already, a galactic abortion, with kids doing it. Very fucked up, but it does create the atmosphere that is kind of necessary when killing big world ending aliens, as kids no less.

1 Like

I think that’s just a fan theory, Itoi has said that’s not what’s happening. Although, his own reported inspiration for the scene wasn’t a thing either, so who knows. I never noticed the baby head until years and years later when others pointed it out to me.

1 Like

Yup, although it’s either true, or itoi was smoking the finest ganja and somehow came up with a narrative that coincidentally seemed like a cosmic abortion. Come to think of it a lot of earthbound could be summed up as a weedhead making a game. It’s honestly amazing how creative Itoi is to make a game like that without illegal substances on hand.

1 Like

I would guess mushrooms given Moonside lol

2 Likes

Haven’t done a playthrough of this in a long time but I really need to do another before too long. Would love to get the badge for this, thanks!

2 Likes

so enjoyed with this game, timeless snes masterpiece!

2 Likes

I remember being this game awhile back. My favorite part of the game was the combat!

1 Like