Baldur's Gate 3 Multiplayer Session Planning

I would say if it’s important to you that the secret be found because it takes the story in a direction you want it to go, or it’s an item you want, or it’s hard for you not to point it out to us, then please air it out. If not, then sit back and let things happen. I don’t want you to be tongue-tied all the time because you feel like you can’t share the secrets that are just around the corner, but I also don’t have a problem with things we don’t stumble upon staying hidden for another pass.

I am exceptional bad at keeping my mouth shut when I watch a favorite movie of mine with someone that hasn’t seen it. It physically hurts and I have to put a hand over my mouth to not say a thing. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Similarly, what are your feelings on combat strategies? Should I share what I know approaching a fight, or let the group learn through trial and error? I can appreciate some people might like one versus the other. I could treat it like an MMO where I find that people are very willing to discuss things like pre-fight preparation, positioning, and tactics. Or I could just let fights play out and let everyone get a feel for them through experience.

1 Like

I’ve been a bit away from the conversation as I haven’t had time to do anything else than working and the occasional FZ99 race. Still I think I’d like to tinker a bit with the systems (say, character building, combat, all of that) before going deep into the online playthrough, but basically just to not be a hindrance to the party.

2 Likes

Go for it. Like I said to @Nelemania, there’s no rush on my part. I’m content to wait until everyone’s ready.

1 Like

I’ll disclose that I’m waiting for some government clearance to write my thesis. If I get it, I might be ready to start during the next month. If I don’t, however, I will have to be sucked into writing until there’s something that resembles a draft written by someone with a couple working neurons. Meaning that if you want to start earlier, I might be a hindrance for that depending on the circumstances.

3 Likes

@El_Diegote

First: I am cheering for you to get what you need to get your thesis going! GOGOGO ✺◟(^∇^)◞✺

Second: There is no need to hurry, I am knee deep into Starfield and Cyberpunk and I have also Dead Stranding lined up and more. It happens when it happens. I am completely free so I can wait or jump in on short notice, whatever it is what we need.

@BMO

I think for the fighting, after a short period of getting to know the fighting system, tips are very welcome. Accidents are going to happen with me around anyway. I have a hand for setting party members on fire or something, so be warned. :blush:

3 Likes

Echoing what @Nelmania and also empathizing as a former academic thinking fondly (or not so fondly) on my own thesis, I hope it goes smoothly and is completely stress free :smiling_face:

I look at timing as something completely flexible. It could be next week or next year. There’s lots of time to figure it out. And I want it to be something that’s not a burden on anyone, not a serious commitment. Just a way to have fun and experience the game a bit differently from a solo campaign. Which is why if anyone want to play the whole game before diving into multiplayer, or they just want to save it for multiplayer, anything goes from my perspective.

3 Likes

I agree. I also don’t think there’s a lot of sense in doing it early in the game when we barely have spells or skills, and it will take time before things really coalesce. I do know certain points at which having a strategy helps because barrelling in leads to a wipe, but I learned that via trial and error. So I don’t want to approach every fight with the mindset that involves intricately planning things out, because that deprives people of that same learning experience.

Note to self: force @Nelemania to play as a Wizard in the Evocation School and thus benefit from Sculpt Spell :joy:

2 Likes

Got my government clearance so I will most likely have time in the foreseeable future to boot this game and have a go to the multiplayer session. My plan now is to buy it and have a quick go solo so get the mechanics. Is November-ish a date that suits the rest of you? I have no issues if someone wants to start latar than that though.

3 Likes

Works for me, and I can also wait if others need more time.

3 Likes

Glad you could overcome this hurdle on the way to your thesis! :clap: Now on to the next step! :rocket:

I will be ready for our adventure whenever you are.

3 Likes

Assuming that everyone is still onboard (life can change on a whim so you never know), I’m going to renew the attempt to find us a fourth member for our casual play. I think that it would be ideal to have a fourth because I have no idea how a non-player fourth would work in multiplayer. If either of you have people you’d like to invite, please feel free to. In the meantime I’ll keep floating the idea here on Grouvee :blush:

1 Like

I am on board and looking forward to our adventure. I am still sick, but today is the first day where I had no fever at night, so that’s something. In a worst case scenario I would play with my laptop from my bed and leave the mic out, so you don’t have to hear me cough. Best case I am on my feet again when we finally start.

I unfortunately do not have someone who is interested in BG3. Everyone I asked (4 people in total, I do not know many people who play video games) finds it “too slow”.:frowning:

2 Likes

I hope you feel better. And there’s no rush. I know @El_Diegote just started a solo run and wanted to get a feel for that first before we play, plus we will need that fourth player. So if you need more time to rest, please do.

2 Likes

Read last night that Patch 4 came up and it improved act 3 on the deck. That’s be amazing if true. Also, I think I know no one who could join us playing as the 4th character :c

3 Likes

I didn’t think it would be this hard to find a fourth player :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

I am interviewing for a more flexible job at the moment. If I get the position, I could potentially join. Was there ever a UTC time for playing decided? I don’t want to get hopes up, but also don’t want you to feel totally hopeless.

2 Likes

I am very flexible with time (retired). If necessary I sleep upfront and stay up for the night and sip a lot of coffee.
I do not think we have decided on a time yet. My time zone is MEZ: UTC+1 for the winter time (October - March) for the rest of the year it will be MEZ: UTC+2.

1 Like

Fast @BMO let us grab @paycheck_stevens so they can’t run away! :grin::hugs:

1 Like

We didn’t settle on a time yet, just shared our time zones.

@BMO: UTC -5
@Nelemania: UTC+2 or UTC+1
@El_Diegote: UTC+1

I think I’m the biggest problem given I’m the odd one out but I want to try to be flexible.

Don’t feel pressured. If it would work for you that’s great, but I don’t want anyone to feel put out by this.

2 Likes