I was the child who told the teacher they were wrong … a lot. After watching this I asked my mother if a teacher ever was honest about that to her and she said, since they only ever told her how well behaved I was in class, she always knew they were lying or had no idea who I was. ![]()
My grade one teacher told my parents that she had a personality conflict with me. She didn’t like that I kept challenging things she presented in class and the fact that I kept completing assignments in a few minutes and asking her for something more interesting to do.
So this is a bit longer at a little under 40 minutes, but incredibly fascinating!
There’s actually a burning mountain about an hour’s drive from my parents’ place. It’s a natural coal seem fire though, and has been going for an estimated 6,000 years.
Interesting video, but hard to stomach at how many points this could have ended way better or not even had to start at all, if people in higher positions weren’t lying and always trying something too late, too cheap and hindering the solution to get even done properly.
The coal fire in Germany I know of: Brennender Berg - Wikipedia (Burning Mountain)
It is a smouldering coal-seam fire that ignited in 1668 and continues to burn today. Only in winter you can see the hot air coming from cracks in the ground or from the walls. Was there as a child with the school and we could feel the warm air coming from one place. It is a nice field trip for the whole family with signs that explain the history of the place and the fire.
Pictures of the cracks:
The thing where governments cover stuff like this up just baffles me. How could they possibly think no one would notice? It’d be SO much better to just admit it happened and get help quickley. Idiots.
I used to be a consumer of hustle culture and really lived it out too. And frankly, it worked for me as I was able to climb the corporate ladder blah blah blah. But I hated all the toxic masculine ideals that are espoused along with work. So I haven’t partaken in this stuff in maybe 4 years.
So I am susceptible to this shit but I am telling you that Sakurai’s stuff is legit. I find his thoughts genuinely encouraging and his work ethic contagious. And no incel stuff that I’m aware of! Maybe worth a watch if you are finding your job a bit overwhelming/unbearable.
We all know what old Ronnie Reago said, and I think he was correct in some aspects.
Greed and power probably is the reason why they do that.
I had to Google “Ronnie Rego” to figure out who you meant. ![]()
a video that describes the good ol days of gaming when there were not battle passes
but just call of duty vs battlefield
I really like Spike Lee’s films and FD Signifier is the perfect guy to break down Bamboozled. This would be a great entry into either person’s work.
Thank you for posting this. I had such a hard time at first because I never heard the sound a raccoon makes, I thought the picture of the animal was just random and I had no idea what word was being beeped (I didn’t know the slur/not slur and what it meant). It drove me crazy. He probably should have started with this information for white non-Americans like me. I also had no idea how widespread this minstrel thing was. I honestly thought it was just one or two shows and I never heard of any black people on it. On top of that, I haven’t seen a single Spike Lee film - that’s about to change.
The older I get, the more I realise what I don’t know. When I was young I thought I was well informed “about the world”, I realise more and more that I was informed about my little bubble and not much more.
I really like that this thread exists and how it has already pointed me to a lot of interesting and thought provoking ideas.
Thanks to everyone who posts videos, please keep them coming! The funny ones too, of course!
Bamboozled is an excellent albeit difficult film. If you haven’t seen any Spike Lee, I’d recommend Blackkklansman, Do the Right Thing, or She’s Gotta Have It.
Thank you, will look into these three first then!
Bamboozled is a fantastic film. I love Spike Lee, and it’s one of my favourite films. It’ doesn’t pull any punches.
@Nelemania I also highly recommend watching Malcolm X. Denzel Washington’s performance as Malcolm X is uncanny and wonderful, and Spike Lee does a fantastic job with the autobiography. On that note, I also recommend the original text, The Autobiography of Malcolm X (Malcolm X, Alex Haley). Not only is it a deeply essential perspective on the Civil Rights movement in the US, it is fascinating to see how Lee works with the text to bring the history to life.
Haha, what he added after the credits
, his childhood ruined ![]()
What Saudi Arabia is currently doing to gaming and e-sport and other sports, is hard to watch. From Overwatch with all its queer characters and LGBTQI+ positivity now having its e-sport tournaments held in a country where e-sport players who are queer have to hide it to a mediocre game being pushed by an amount of money I can’t make any sense of to a big winter ski event in a desert and literally buying athletes (soccer) and whole sports (golf) and so on.
The video: “Act your age.”
The video and me unisono: “No!” ![]()
I once got a bad grade in school because I answered the question what the capital city of Australia was, with Sydney, because no one ever showed Canberra on television, but the Sydney Opera House all the time. I had to look up Canberra again to write this. ![]()
I wouldn’t worry, the Canberra/ Sydney thing is a very common mistake. I wouldn’t expect anyone outside the country to know. While Canberra is a nice enough place to visit, you’d never stay there.