What are your top 5 albums of all time?

Not necessarily asking for a ranking of their albums, but I’m curious if you’d put it alongside their others in terms of your enjoyment of it. I liked it also, but it felt as though it fell short of their previous work for me. It could be a symptom of overhyping it in my head or something, as I’m sure many people did.

2 Likes

Ooh nice picks! I haven’t listened to 1 or 5, though I did listen to a couple tracks from Fetch the Bolt Cutters back when that came out. I’ve been feeling like I should give it another chance or something.

3 Likes

I don’t really enjoy 10,000 Days that much but I do think the newest album is as good as Lateralus. They both give me the feeling of a cohesive story told through melody. I’ve always found 10,000 Days listenable but not as affective.

2 Likes

I like it as much as Lateralus. Both feel like the strongest conceptual wholes to me. I like Undertow, Ænima, and 10,000 Days well enough but Lateralus was always my favourite album. It was the one that i connected with affectually. For some reason Fear Inoculum feels the same way to me. It instantly transported me back to my late teens/early twenties but still felt new and not just a rehash. It feels true to Tool while also reflective of the passage of years. I find that few bands can release a new album after more than a decade that still seems true to their creative work while also not being a play on nostalgia. I feel Fear Inoculum achieved that for me.

3 Likes

That’s really awesome that you connected to it like that. I totally agree it has the most in common with Lateralus in terms of themes and …vibe, I guess. Sorta like being lost in an alternate dimension. Many of their albums sorta feel like that for me, but those two have similar “dimensions,” haha.

3 Likes

Brian Wilson is a GOAT for sure! (hehe)

5 Likes

Well, one thing I was not expecting to learn this week is that MJK is a gun loving, copfucking, “I’m not religious I’m spiritual,” military apologist. Interesting.

2 Likes

Uhhhhhh…I like music! It’s Gonna take me some serious thought for this one.

3 Likes

I like your taste in music.

3 Likes

Who’s taste do you mean?

1 Like

Yours, of course. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

In that case, thanks. I didn’t want to sound full of myself and respond without checking you didn’t mean someone else. :sunglasses:

1 Like
  1. Public Enemy - Apocalypse 91: The Enemy Strikes Black
  2. Pearl Jam - Ten
  3. The Lemonheads - It’s a Shame About Ray
  4. Slipknot - Vol. 3: Sublimal Verses
  5. US3 - Hand on the Torch
5 Likes
  1. Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
  2. Pantera - Cowboys From Hell
  3. Pantera - Far Beyond Driven
  4. Pantera - Reinventing the Steel
  5. Pantera - The Great Southern Trendkill