What are you listening to right now?

3 Likes

My mother-in-law asked me to sing a song by Lionel Ritchie that will get people dancing at her Karaoke birthday party tonight. However, I don’t like Lionel Ritchie. What song should I do?

Is karaoke about the song, or is it about the whole experience? If you get people moving and having fun, isn’t that what matters? What would happen if you sang a song you didn’t like?

2 Likes

All right fine I’ll do All Night Long

3 Likes
2 Likes

lol I just realized I misread your previous post and so my answer was completely unhinged and unhelpful :joy:

4 Likes

Been going through old hard drives scouring for music so I can collect all my media in one place, and so I’ve been listening to a ton of stuff I listened to growing up. Jack off Jill, Aquabats, Andrew WK. It’s all over the place currently, which is very appropriate considering the same could be said for my mental health.

2 Likes

My favorite BMO posts are a little unhinged. The veil breaks. True BMO emerges. Football if you will.

I ended up doing All Night Long by Ritchie, Back in the USSR by the Beatles, Virtual Insanity by Jamiroquai, and Lovely Day by Bill Withers. My daughter sang September by Earth Wind and Fire so I did the Ba De Yas on that song.

6 Likes

OMG REAL BMO IS FOOTBALL

I just got the urge to listen to virtual insanity the other day. Good tune.

4 Likes
4 Likes

I’ve been listening to a lot of Gojira lately, especially this song.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Been listening to the newest Taylor Swift record and geez, it has been unusually difficult to make up my mind about this one. Maybe the best thing I can say about it is that if you don’t focus too much on it, it’s not that bad? I fell asleep to it the other night, so there’s that.

I’m not an anti-Jacktonoff guy, and I don’t mind a lot of the production on the record! But so much of it sounds like Taylor went to Jack with “Make this sound like a Lana Del Rey song!”, and she just doesn’t bring any charm of her own. She’s trying to make a record of breakup songs from the perspective of a self-professed tortured poet (Again, Lana’s lane), but as she says herself in an uncharacteristic bout of self-awareness, “Everything comes out teenage petulence.” The unoriginality + the lyrics spell death for this record with me, unfortunately.

Maybe part of why I’m not enjoying it much is Taylor oversaturation. I wouldn’t mind if she just takes a break from recording for a few years. And maybe also find a new songwriting partner while she’s at it.

4 Likes

This is a good song.

4 Likes

I give most of her albums a chance but I turned this one off after a couple songs. It does just feel like a charmless Lana Del Rey impression. But I wasn’t going to be the first one to shit on this record publicly. Swifties make “Rich Men North of Richmond” fans look like Kenny G Stans*!

*Kenny G is good and his fans are relaxed normal people.

2 Likes
2 Likes

LMAO yeah I know I’m going to have to watch my back on this one. Though my sister is quite the Swiftie and she texted me the other day saying “I think Taylor needs an editor.”

2 Likes

Sometimes I talk to Swifties and feel, much like Will Ferrell’s character Mugatu in from Zoolander, like I’m taking crazy pills

3 Likes

I’ve been very addicted to this album lately. It just gives me a pure energy injection.

2 Likes

I love Gojira so much, haha. Discovered them last year and idk how I missed out on them for so long. I think I was sort of aware of From Mars to Sirius for a long time but I didn’t get really into metal with a lot of growls/screams until a couple years ago. But when they clicked they very quickly became one of my favorite artists.

2 Likes