SummerAzure 2019 Challenge Post

I’m going to beat group 1 for warming up.

3 Likes

Collect stuff and family members and throw them to shelter in the basement. After 60 seconds there is atomic bombing that begins a text game in which we ration tomato soup and react to random events like shaving beard with an axe or being saved/doomed by the cat invasion. The comedy elements are a hidden references like the unfamous Indiana Jones refrigerator. I like games with different endings possible.

1 Like

During Winter Holidays I played almost whole Cube Escape/Rusty Lake series. Most of games are free to play on developers’ site! Finally I had time to finish 12th title, Rusty Lake: Paradise. I strongly recommend the series if you like occult stories. Most horrors are cheap gore but Rusty Lake is more disturbing than scary and by Victorian suspense and surreal symbolism it makes you feel uneasy.

1 Like

After 18 hours of gameplay I finally reached Mars without cannibalising in Tharsis.
It’s a board game with dices, where you repair the ship and try to not get your crew killed - one game lasts only 10 turns. I died 15 times before I realised that I don’t have to repair all stuff or even get whole crew to destination, the best strategy is to balance all aspects on the edge of catastrophe - like in a good movie :smiley: I needed next 15 deaths to learn how to do that. Very hard game.

2 Likes

I finished Pinstripe . Loved the story, it’s a journey through the hell like in Limbo but not so scary. The art style is more like in Tim Burton’s movies. If I hadn’t lost my save file in the middle of the game twice because of crashes, :frowning: I would finish it in about 1,5 hour. And the soundtrack is great. The author of game, has great channel on YouTube:

2 Likes

Finished Cibele, walking simulator based on developer’s own story and played by her in shortcuts. It’s about 19-year old girl chatting with guy during MMO and seducing him with her almost nude photos.
It woke up a lot of memories of my friends, thx gods I was too lazy for such things. Had a good laugh.

2 Likes

After 45 hours I finished Legends of Eisenwald.

It’s a turn-based strategy game where you have not an army but party members with their own inventory - but I wouldn’t call it RPG. The battle gameplay reminds me a lot about Disciples games. I loved the fact that the setting is not fantasy nowhere land but medieval Europe. Magic is marginal, and creators wanted to make the knights look as much natural as possible. The story is grim and when we have to choose sides in conflict, the choice is between evil and evil people.

2 Likes

I finished Doki Doki Literature Club!

I’m so much disturbed and trolled, I dont’ know what to say.

1 Like

I just finished pixel art Kathy Rain. I thought it’s detective game with punk Nancy Drew. In the middle it suddenly shifted into supernatural and dark psychological stuff. There are even easter eggs like Twin Peaks stuffed owl. If you love explained ending, it’s not game for you - it’s a bit lovecraftian. I like it that way. But the best is Kathy’s hair! It looks like my older sister’s when she was in her teens :heart_eyes: During our trips to the old town my phone was always dead but these ultrapink spots were like a lighthouse.

1 Like

Everything Finished! Actually “Everything” The Game, not my challenge. I was a dead pixel, host of dancing galaxies and I stuck as jelly bean between paving slabs - fortunately I already unlocked ability “transform” and changed into slice of pizza. Jumping from thing to thing I unlocked so many lectures of Alan Watts , that I became enlightened Buddha.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for Cyberpunk 2077. :heart_eyes: I love hard SF books, especially rather grim like Blindsight

I’m happy that I finished Technobabylon, pixel art point’n’click with “Big Brother” AI, people connecting to Internet with brain, et caetera

2 Likes

I finished Serena
It’s slow adventure game with psychological horror. It reminds me of Dear Esther. It’s not so complex (the entire game happens in a lonely wood cabin), but I liked the voice acting and the ending was rewarding.
And it’s free :smiley:

1 Like

I finally finished Tyranny on hard :smiley: Had a lot of good time.
It’s isometric RPG in dark fantasy world, where you are servant of The Evil Overlord. It’s advertised “you can be bad or worse” and it’s wonderful game for psychopats. I was a bit disappointed that you can became a rebel but I’ve chosen good path to make my playthrough harder. The ending is rushed - there is a DLC with very bad reviews on Steam :roll_eyes:
It’s really difficult during first hours. At first there’s no money to buy equipment - and when I became rich, everything in the shop was like trash loot from basic enemies. Unfortunately in Act 3 I was overpowered.
Because all gameplay is based on crafting. After 50% of game I was able to power up my basic stuff in the forge. I liked the part about creating spells by matching sigils found during the journey. You can choose if you want spell faster to cast or you want it’s effect to last longer, etc. There’s no problem to reset your offensive spell collection and create set based on healing.

2 Likes

I didn’t wanted to add HOPA games to my list.
I feel shame I’m not a hardcore player beating RPG on nightmare mode.
I sleep instead of boiling my brain with some logic puzzles or point’n’clicks.
Today I understood that I’m old and gray, when I returned from job interview - and it looks like I succeed.
I’m working on my architectural license, and I’m going to have very little time for fun.

I added to my list
Noir Chronicles: City of Crime
Demon Hunter 4: Riddles of Light
The Secret Order 5: The Buried Kingdom
The Secret Order 6: Bloodline
Fairy Tale Mysteries 2: The Beanstalk

I finished more HOPAs (aka HOGs).

Lost Grimoires: Stolen Kingdom - You can finish it in one day.
I had to put a HOG game in this category. It’s the main problem - they are 2 hours long for $10. I always wait to buy new titles during sales - I will buy sequels next month.
It’s best World-LooM’s game I’ve played. Grimoires are super fluffy :slight_smile: There is a cat with horns. (Yes, I have neko obsession).
Why I haven’t thought about CAT CATegory for this challenge?

Kingmaker: Rise to the Throne - debut of Cordelia Games
The graphic is really good for casual game, music is relaxing, main hero is a guy …
and there is very little magic! Someone finally understood that powerful artifacts in every kitchen are annoying. Very strong start in the most campy genre.

Ghost Files: The Face of Guilt - second game of Cordelia (country: Serbia)
it’s bad. I’m so disappointed.
I don’t mind supernatural elements if they add something to the plot. I thought that “ghost files” game is about ghosts, but apparently it’s about going into the “limbo” and solving elemental riddles with magical triangle. By riddles I mean put out a tree fire with water. NOPE. Big step backward.

1 Like

I finished Divide by Sheep - it was free on Steam this month. It’s horror, pure gore. I felt uneasy about cutting sheeps with lasers, and match their halves on the raft with adhesive tape. After that they are counted as “rescued” from flood :open_mouth: But I love math and that game was really good exercise.

2 Likes

One word: klocki
It’s a game for 1$ that is 1h long.
First 50% is too much casual :and I was bored a little before I reached more complicated levels. But the game is still worth it’s price.
Hamster On Coke Games published more relaxing, candy-coloured games. I think Zenge is my favourite.

1 Like

I want to finish group 1 before summer.
SteamWorld Heist completed! - Steampunk
I’m happy with that one :slight_smile: SteamWorld is about postapo world, where humans don’t exist anymore, and the remains of Earth are inhabited by Steambots - robots from the westerns. The plot is not deep, but I like it’s airily humour. The game is 2D turn-based combat with nice difficulty system - in Experienced mode it was challenging but not frustrating.

3 Likes

I found great example for “Developer go out of business”
Quotation from Facebook:
“It only took me 4 years, 2 games, and 1.6 Million downloads later to get my first 1,000 likes on this page”

Only If by Creability is adventure game. It’s tagged as horror but it’s not “scary”, just full of excessive language, dream logic and plot doesn’t make sense. Sudden changes of sound level aren’t jumpscares but amateurish implementations, (game is free to play). Weird.

1 Like

Educational - Universe Sandbox Legacy

It’s more a simulation of Gravity than Universe. You can change velocity, axis, mass etc. of stars and planets and see how other bodies react. I had problem to cause crashes - when I made things heavier, they started running away from each other :frowning: I liked the map of constellations, seeing them as 3D nets is enlightening.

It’s no longer available on Steam because devs made a new expanded version with more accurate physics and VR support :wink:

2 Likes