Suggestion: See more reviews and status updates for a game

Currently only some limited amount of highest-rated reviews and most recent status updates are visible on game pages. This means that for popular games, older posts and less appreciated reviews get sort of lost to time.

Take Breath of the Wild for instance, where you can only see statuses back as far as 10 months and reviews with 4 likes or more. I would like to be able to see what the statuses were like when the game came out, or see some less popular opinions on it that people may have put a lot of thought into.

I think it would be great to have a “load more” button for these sections like on the homepage if possible, or be able to flip through pages of them. Even better if there were also options to choose a sort method by newest/oldest/popular, but that is probably overkill for the vast majority of games.

6 Likes

Yeah, I have that on the to do list. I’m working on redoing the game pages, and that’s going to be part of it.

I actually used to just have everything loaded on the page all at once. That became pretty unmanageable with games like BOTW, Skyrim, Witcher 3, etc. There was just too many things to load, and some pages took 20 seconds to come up. I just cut it to 10 reviews and statuses as a band aid until I finished the new pages (how many months later? :slight_smile: )

5 Likes

Haha, take your time, I’m sure I’ll still be here when it’s done - thanks

2 Likes

This is great to hear that this is being worked on. I like how grouvee takes the best parts of similar sites.

What I need most on the the reviews and status section is the sorting by newest and to be able to make it the default. The current “most liked” sorting is keeping some irrelevant reviews on top, like the joke review on The Witcher III :slight_smile:

2 Likes