Site Suggestions (Missing games, import errors, incorrectly combined games, etc)

Those kinds of errors/corrections/splittings occur in a lot of places. I think it probably makes sense to make all fields reflect all Giant Bomb changes (including removals) unless they conflict with an edit made to the database locally by a curator (and maybe those should be put into a queue to be manually resolved?). This has the unfortunate side effect of removing some user shelvings (e.g., if I set Xbox One as my platform and then that gets removed and split), but it allows the database to keep improving via Giant Bomb. There just needs to be a mechanism for user to undo their shelving in that situation.

1 Like

I do not disagree that it makes sense to keep reflecting changes to accuracy. There just needs to be a way to remove it from the user shelf after the fact. In the case of Guacamelee, I was going to remove it and that is when I noticed it. For something like that, the database could pull the current content and union it with anything the user might have that is no longer current. That would allow the user to remove it, and once they do, it would never show up for them again. Other users would just get the current, correct content.

1 Like

This should be fixed now. Let me know if it isnā€™t.

1 Like

Awesome. All fixed. Thanks!

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome! I second what @headrollsoff said about having a place where people can suggest games for curators to add. But eventually, letting people add stuff for curators/mods to approve would probably be faster.

1 Like

Canā€™t remember if this is the right thread for highlighting Grouvee game ā€œdouble entries,ā€ but I think I found one:

Not sure what that second entry is, thereā€™s no info about it, not sure why it exists.

1 Like

Warframe has two entries:

https://www.grouvee.com/games/35540-warframe/

and this one, which is more complete

1 Like

Am I the only one experiencing the site like this?:

I was having issue posting a comment and now the site does not display correctly. I am not experiencing this on other sites (for example this forum) and it seems to span multiple browsers.

Just aheads up @peter

Update: now I see a post, but nothing else. Clicking ā€œLoad more activitiesā€ reveals nothing additional. It is very strange:

1 Like

I think my cache service is breaking down like once a day right now. Iā€™m looking into, but itā€™s fixed for right now.

2 Likes

All seems good now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this issue is fixed for good. I use a piece of software called Redis to cache all of the activities on the front page, and it was failing when it would save that cache to disk. So every time the server would restart, the cache would not be reloaded properly. I think I fixed the issue that caused the failure, so that shouldnā€™t happen anymore.

Let me know if you see it again!

2 Likes

@peter

Hello mister.

Have you ever received a suggestion to adding video game characters list?
Like Top 250 Video game characters by number of favorites.

What do you think of this idea?

1 Like

is missing the Xbox One as a platform

1 Like

I recognize this is probably very low priority and affects very few people, but the site is wonky in the new Chromium-based Edge dev and beta releases. Images occasionally donā€™t load, clicking your profile icon doesnā€™t work, etc. Just reporting it in case itā€™s a site thing (since in theory basing on Chromium should ensure compatibility). Iā€™m happy to use Firefox in the meantime!

2 Likes

Can we get the option to sort search results using the weighted average that the top 250 uses? Right now you can only sort using the non-weighted average.

2 Likes

Tribal Pass is missing

1 Like

TAHL: UNCOVER THE EVIL WITHIN is missing :frowning:

1 Like

Wizardry Gaiden 1, 2, and 3 are all missing. Strangely enough, #4 does have a page.

1 Like

Faraway: Arctic Escape is missing an entry

1 Like
2 Likes