Question about the games approvement

If a game wasn’t approved to be added to the database, will I get a notification about it or no? My apologies if I shouldn’t make forums for questions like that, but I just want to know.
Thanks.

2 Likes

oi @peter we got a question here! You know what we do to question people don’t we?

3 Likes

Yes, if an entry is rejected you receive a notification. I believe admins can even provide text to explain why. But it’s rare and usually only if the entry is a duplicate. And, in reality, we are more likely to accept it and merge it with the existing entry than delete a duplicate, so that if anyone has added that newer entry to a shelf it doesn’t get deleted.

If a game you submitted isn’t yet approved, but wasn’t rejected, the reason is most likely due to the fact that it’s still in the approval backlog. Apologies if that’s the case, we are trying to go through and approve as quickly as we can.

6 Likes

Oh, thanks. And no, no! I just wanted to add some games such as “Camp Buddy: Scoutmaster season”, “Shoujo Ramune” and “Pico to Chico: Shota Idol no Oshigoto”. I added these games a few weeks (or days) ago and I still didn’t receive notification about them being approved or not.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is an approval notification, only one if it’s denied. I think if you haven’t heard anything, it’s just in the backlog. However, the nice thing is that you can already add the game to your shelves even if it’s not approved. So effectively, it’s treated like a regular database entry from a user perspective.

3 Likes

Ah okay, thanks though.

1 Like