Playdate

Hey there everybody. I’m very excited for the Playdate. You know. The handheld console with a crank… Not that one… No the other one… No, the yellow one! Ugh this one!

I’d love to open up a forum to discuss all things Playdate. I feel like it’ll be pretty niche stuff so having a community to chat with will be cool. I mean if this ends up just being me and BMO chatting the Playdate games of the week, that’s cool by me! But for now, I’d love to hear if you preorder and what you’re excited for.

3 Likes

Ah, this is the perfect place for this:

I am as excited for these side projects as I am for the 24 games in season one.

1 Like

This looks very slick. I’m definitely hopeful about the non seasonal projects (Lucas Pope’s Mars Monsters game included), but I hope they do a “season two”. Getting surprise games every week is such a cool idea. I’m in for more of whatever Panic and pals are cooking up.

1 Like

I think they plan to and I’m excited for you that as well.

I also would like to play around in Pulp and see if I can make something to side load. It would be fun to share projects.

1 Like

I’ve been really wanting to get into game development, and I’m taking baby steps to get there. Pulp looks easier to use than that Gameboy dev kit that was big in early 2020 (if my memory serves me well) so it might be shallow enough water for me to try out too.

1 Like

So my playdate appears to just be dead. I can’t get it to charge at all. I’ve had it for 2 and a half months. Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this?

I saw Isla Hinck reached out to Panic about an issue where she was more at fault and they replaced the Playdate for her. I remember battery issues were a big reason for the delay… I’d just reach out to their customer service.

1 Like

Yes. This happened to me once. How long have you been charging it? I find if it does completely you need to let it charge up fully and then it will boot. If it doesn’t, hard reset it by using a paper clip to push the reset button in the hole inside the crank chamber.

1 Like

Interesting. It’s been on for 3 hours now maybe. No lights or anything though. I didn’t know there was a reset button though. I’ll give that a try.

1 Like

I hope it works. It sounds like what happened to me and hopefully it’s ok.