Myst

This is the discussion/completion topic for Myst (original or any remastered version). Please keep any spoilers blurred!

myst
Title: The Stranger

If you’ve completed the game, let us know below and an admin or moderator will make sure you get your badge!

2 Likes

I somehow managed to finish this thing when I was a kid.

1 Like

Great game. One of my favourites as a kid :slight_smile: (badge request)

1 Like

I’ve played this through in all of its many versions. I even have the box for Myst and realMyst!

1 Like

This is one of my all-time favorite games. I have beaten it a few times as well as the rest of the Myst games.

I’m new, so I haven’t seen the names of other badges, but I’m guessing calling it the “Myst” badge is out? Here are some suggestions:
Linking Book Badge
Atrus Badge
D’Ni Badge (though this would better fit with a later game in the series)

1 Like

Finished this one both the normal way and the very short way. I’d like a badge for this, please.

1 Like

Completed Myst, Myst:ME, realMyst and realMyst:ME. I reckon I’ve earnt a badge :smiley:

1 Like

Completed realMyst :smiley: I’d like a badge.

1 Like

Myst is great. One of my favorite games ever, in company with Link’s Awakening and (later) Outer Wilds. More recently, because I’m a crazy person, I ran Windows 3.11 in a dosbox instance so I could play Myst with my son using my original CD.

Badge, please. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This reminds me that I completed Myst for the first time last year. Can I have the badge too? :slight_smile:

To be honest I did not enjoy it that much. I understand why it’s a classic and why people love it, but it feels very outdated. There were too many moments where I couldn’t orient myself or figure out what to do. But I might try the sequels someday, I’m still a bit curious.

1 Like

Orientation is definitely an issue in the original Myst. It’s a bit easier in RealMyst, to the point where it somewhat trivializes the game.

Riven definitely feels more modern in its environment design; but there is no “RealRiven”; so it can still get disorienting for sure.

I recommend Obduction for people who want to play a Myst-like game built for free-look. It’s probably the most like Myst IV: Revelation, if I was to compare it to one of the series.

Or, if you’re more into the lock-and-key adventure-game style puzzles, we also really enjoyed Quern.

In fact, we did a podcast episode about it. (Beware: spoilers.)

1 Like

Amazing series and which is why i never use fast travel anymore. Badge me please!

1 Like