Let's recommend good games that are on sale!

Assassin’s Creed III is the last free game on offer from Ubisoft as part of Ubi30. If you don’t already have a copy for PC, grab it here.

1 Like

For anyone who missed any of the monthly free Ubisoft games as part of the Ubi30 event this year, Ubisoft is making them all available again. So if you missed Blood Dragon, here’s your chance to pick it up again, along with a few other decent games.

The list of games:

• Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
  • Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell
  • Rayman Origins
  • The Crew
  • Beyond Good & Evil
  • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  • Assassin’s Creed 3
3 Likes

Thank you bmo for staying current with these offerings. I have some catching up to do!

1 Like

FYI, Lost Odyssey is free on the Xbox Digital Marketplace right now:
https://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Product/Lost-Odyssey/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307fa

You can “buy” it through the website even if you don’t have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One. It’s a really good game if you like classic JRPGs. Worth having in your collection!

2 Likes

It’s not on sale it’s just really cheap (but that means they might jack the price up too right?) iOS game ported to PC. I’ve been enjoying it. hope to complete it tonight and write a review soon

1 Like

Bloodborne (both regular and complete edition) on sale on the PlayStation store as part of their Holiday Week 3 sale.

2 Likes

For anyone looking to expand their Assassin’s Creed collection, most of the games are available via Humble Bundle today. The set includes the following tier:

Pay what you want:
Assassin’s Creed
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles Trilogy

Pay more than the average:
Assassin’s Creed II Deluxe Edition
Assassin’s Creed III with Tyranny of King Washington: The Infamy DLC
Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation HD

Pay $15 or more:
Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood
Assassin’s Creed Unity

1 Like

Mass Effect 2 is currently free on Origin. Grab it now to keep forever. If you’ve never played ME2, it is an essential play.

2 Likes

The Last Guardian has dropped in price by $20 in the US, $30 in Canada and likely similar values in other regions. It’s a permanent price drop, rather than a sale, so I suppose it technically doesn’t belong on this list. However I feel compelled to spread the word of the price drop because it is a brilliant game, and well worth anyone’s time, especially if you are a Team Ico fan. The price drop applies to both the digital version and retail copies.

1 Like

A long list of quality games are currently available in the Humble Freedom Bundle. The bundle includes, but is not limited to:

The Witness
Stardew Valley
Subnautica
Day of the Tentacle
Nuclear Throne
Octodad
Invisible, Inc.

Update: The bundle appears quite popular. Popular enough that several games are no longer available (I guess donated keys ran out). Subnautica, Nuclear Throne and Streamline are no longer available.

2 Likes

I came across an interesting site just now for this stuff. It’s for people who are ‘traders’ of these games. But it’s not a bad way to look at steam sales in general

https://steamdb.info/app/261110/
at a glance i can see and tell the following:
There’s a ‘THQ classics collection’ sale on right now but imo that isn’t a good deal at all lol
(Red Faction, darksiders I, II, some of things)
Silent Storm Gold (not really a great deal imo)
OutDrive (havent played it)
What’s cool about this site is the heart beat icon, click that and you get historical average of people playing it at any given time

VERY cool site. Who trades games? I’m tempted but sounds like its more trouble that it’s worth.

1 Like

Just a heads up for anyone interested in the current Humble THQNordic PlayStation sale. Unlike the previous Humble PlayStation sale, there are no individual game codes. You receive one code for the entire bundle and all games are registered to your PlayStation account. If you already own some of the games, you won’t be able to separate those out and gift them to other people.

2 Likes

Star Craft and Brood War FREE!
Just played a bit of this gem. Why haven’t I played it sooner? I love RTS games and yet haven’t touched this. I think the reason is this: I was afraid of those amazing South Korean players who would destroy me in .2 seconds.

3 Likes

Oh man, it’s been so long! I know I have my discs somewhere, but this is awesome.

2 Likes

Saints Row 2 is free on GoG right now. The offer ends in about 42 hours or so.

Additional, are sales on the rest of the later entries in the Saints Row series, as well as Deep Silver games in general.

2 Likes

Got my copy! Thanks!

2 Likes

Just found this reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/FreeGamesOnSteam/

3 Likes

GoG has a pretty sweet deal for Little Nightmares. If you buy Little Nightmares by 12 May you get a copy of Inside with it. If you don’t have Inside, I definitely recommend you grab this deal while it is available. That’s really not a recommendation. Reading this post obligates you to pick up this bundle and play these two awesome games.

1 Like

Dead in Bermuda. Free through Origin. Decent metacritic score of 7.7.

1 Like

Payday 2 currently free on Steam for anyone interested. I hear it’s free for the first 5 million people?

4 Likes