Let's promote small gamedev projects!

I wanted to create a thread dedicated to promoting indie games from small teams or individuals. I myself develop games with small teams, and I always enjoy the passionate work that results from creating projects in this manner. If you’ve worked on or know of any games made by small indies, please post them here!

3 Likes

I’ll go ahead and start off. I just wrapped up development on The Explors: Pyramid Explorers, an arcade dungeon crawler about evading monsters and collecting as much treasure as possible. The game itself is free, but is being sold in the Kentucky Fried Pixels bundle, which consists of games made during a month-long game jam for Kentucky-based developers. The bundle has 2 games in addition to mine. First, Breathe is a visual novel set on a spaceship where you have to make decisions quickly, lest you run out of oxygen. Mutation Confrontation is a Smash Bros-like prototype staring 2 mutant fighters. I’d love for people to check out all 3 projects in the bundle!

2 Likes

I won’t let a opportunity to shill for Lucah: Born of a Dream pass.

It’s like Bayonetta + Dark Souls + the drawings of an angry teenager on math class.

1 Like

Yo I love this scribbly neon art style! Definitely wishlisting this!

Oh! I think this can be a very interesting thread if people are encouraged to participate. Personally, what I play most by far are indie games. I could spend the day naming known indies that I love, but I will focus on the interesting theme of the thread by proposing 3 recommendations for very little known indie games that I played in 2019.

I’m not much of a fan of The Legend of Zelda. I loved Wind Waker, but I’m not too enthusiastic about the rest. Kamiko starts from a very similar base, but it gets me hooked thanks to variations in rhythm and playability that make it something special. You can choose between three characters, each with a very different movement kit that will make the experience unique. The main story takes about 2 hours, but completing it with all the characters takes more time. Also available for Switch for those interested.

The government has plunged the world into a one-day time loop that allows it to keep the population under control for its own benefit. No one remembers the previous loop, except those with proper mental protection or a chosen few like you, people immune to the memory loss caused by the time loop that has organized a resistance to open the eyes of the world and stop this madness. Through original gameplay, you must listen to different radio stations and act accordingly over and over again as the loop repeats itself and you try to discover information that will help you in the fight against the government and its evil plan. Thanks to some magnificent voice performances, we will empathize with the characters presented and live a unique journey in an adventure that will go much further, talking about issues such as the submission of society to an order established by the high spheres.

In 1592, “Doctor” Forman saved countless lives in London thanks to a miraculous cure that could contain a lethal plague. However, he created and distributed this cure without a license to practice, only guided by the stars and his knowledge of astrology. Now, Forman must defend himself in a lawsuit against the entire medical community while continuing to offer his particular services to all sorts of picturesque characters.

Astrologaster is a work of excellent artistic quality, both visually and sonorously. Through its theatre stages and a story full of comedy told in the form of an opera, we will live all sorts of unreal and funny situations that we will have to face. Each one of our forecasts, whether honest or manipulative, will determine a plot as organic as all the elements that compose it. A tremendously brave, original and well executed game. Not exactly a very modest indie, but a very little known one.

3 Likes

I remembered another one!

LOCALHOST, a game that will make you feel guilty about formating a hard drive. You just have to convince the AI that lives in it to let you kill them.

2 Likes

I am a game director. Me and an animator are doing the final touches to our game.
You can follow my work on my Twitter, here

2 Likes

Just looked through some of your feed. Your art is really impressive! :grin: I get a lot of modern anime vibes from it.

1 Like

Thank you very much, but I should have made it clear: I hired an artist XD
I can’t take credit for the visuals. Sorry, my bad :smiley: