How to request games to be added to database?

Hi! I hope this is the right place to request database updates. I want to add the game Love Ribbon.

Thanks!

Can you add this videogame please?
Fullmetal ALchemist: Daughter of the Dusk

Hi, new here. Is this the place I need to post games that are not on DB? I’m an indie game reviewer, so I come across a lot of new and unknown titles constantly.

That’s correct. You can post them here. Alternatively, since Grouvee uses the Giant Bomb API, anything added to Giant Bomb is automatically imported into Grouvee. But if you request it here we will be happy to add it to the database as soon as we can.

Thanks bmo. I will prefer to write a list and post here. GB tends to reject my entries.

Sounds good. This may go without saying but wherever you can, please include links to developer info, initial release dates, and any additional game info. The more info we have the easier and faster we can get it posted to the database.

Swap Fire; it’s free right now so I’m gonna check it out: Swap Fire for Wii U - Nintendo Game Details

Gadget Trail doesn’t seem to be in the database either.
There ya go.

Could you add:
Faces of Illusion: The Twin Phantoms

and
Wicce

Ghost Blade HD missing.

Is there a way to even temporarily add a game? Or at least streamline it in some way to where, like, there’s a link or a form that pops up that asks for a link to the game, then posts it here/submits it? Then you could also have a simple little code keep track of how how many games are “pending” and what their names are. Then have some code that searches the database periodically to determine if the games have been added or not, and then they are removed automatically from the queue.

1 Like

Could you add Pythagoria?

Hi, I was wondering if these two games could be added to the database?

Shokushu ni natte Machi o Shuugeki Shi Onnanoko o Ryoujoku Suru Game

Shokushu ni Natte Shiro o Shuugekishi Onna no Ko o Haramaseru Game!! ~Shokushu 2~

Could you add Gravity Shot ?

Hey again! Here are a couple of things I’d like to keep track of:

Again: Would appreciate an option for users to submit games to the database themselves, so you just have to confirm, edit or deny entry. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the request and info. I apologize that we haven’t posted some of the recent requests. Things have been a bit busy and we unfortunately haven’t had enough time. I’m hoping to burn through some as soon as I have some spare time.

As for modifying the existing system, there has been some discussion. I know that @Peter, the site founder, would like to update the system and streamline it so that database entry is smoother and faster. Presently he has a lot on his plate, so it might take some time before we see changes like that. Until then the admins will try to get things posted as fast as we can.

One thing to note, if this hasn’t been mentioned previously (I apologize if it has) is that Grouvee uses the GiantBomb API, and thus pulls database info from GiantBomb. Thus, one way to fast track things that we are having trouble finding time to post is to add entries to GiantBomb directly.

2 Likes

Alright, let’s give this a shot.

Go to Log In and track your game collection and backlog with Grouvee and try to add some games. You’ll be able to use the game entry right away, however they won’t be approved until one of us looks at it. I trust you in terms of adding games, so I’ll make you a curator later if you’d like, I just want to test this system out for a little while to see if it’s a feasible thing.

I feel bad how far behind we get on this thread, so it seems like the right thing to do.

Have at it!

4 Likes

Just tried it out. Really good idea and easy to use. Only problem is the fact that the Developer and Publisher have to be selected from a list, since it’d likely be impossible to compile every single game developer/publisher in a single list (especially when you consider that the developer/publisher can just be a single person).
https://www.grouvee.com/games/57039-swap-fire/

1 Like

In the event that the developer/publisher is not in the list we can add it for you when approving the entry. Unless @peter has another idea, I think that will work for now.

OK, so I’m actually going to lock this thread, and leave it pinned for now.

If you want a game added to the database, add it using this page:

https://www.grouvee.com/games/create/

We don’t have a written rule set, although I’m working on one. Here are some general guidelines:

• Search for the game on Grouvee first! Be careful with games that have characters with accents in the title. We try to have searchable aliases for games, but not everything gets caught. Think Pokémon. Think & vs. and.
  • Remasters of a game don’t get their own page unless they make it a significantly different game. Otherwise they belong in the releases section of a game. See the Monkey Island games for an example of this.
  • Different regional versions of a game don’t get their own pages. The different region releases belong in the releases section.
  • When in doubt, just post something here in the forums. We’ll try to answer and explain.
4 Likes