Help me decide what to buy

Want to help me buy a Switch game? A number of games are on sale in the Nintendo e-shop right now. Of those, I am considering the following. Help me choose which to buy by indicating your top two choices. Poll #1 is for your first choice, and Poll #2 is for your second.

Games on sale that I already own on various platforms: Steam World Dig 1 & 2, Shovel Knight, Yono and the Celestial Elephants, Yooka Laylee, Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion, Rime, Dead Cells, Owlboy, Valiant Hearts, Child of Light, OKAMI HD, FAST (Wii U version), Furi, Night Trap, Jotun, Nidhogg II, Bastion, Detention, Guacamele, Severed

Poll # 1: First Choice

• Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Wandersong
  • The Messenger
  • Guacamele 2
  • Sundered
  • Wizard of Legend
  • Other (if you really think there’s something else on sale that I should consider above the games in this poll, comment below)

0 voters

Poll # 2: Second Choice

• Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Darkest Dungeon
  • Wandersong
  • The Messenger
  • Guacamele 2
  • Sundered
  • Wizard of Legend
  • Other (if you really think there’s something else on sale that I should consider above the games in this poll, comment below)

0 voters

I checked off other on both polls because, like the genius I am, I made voting a requirement to view the results. So I couldn’t see the results without voting, lol.

2 Likes

Wow, Wondersong is pretty polarizing. It’s interesting that the second choice is split evenly.

I’m in the same boat. I’m curious about Wandersong and Guacamele 2. I loved the first Guacamele, so that’s an easier decision. I have Mario + Rabbids and really like it, though I’m only at the end of World 2.

1 Like

Darkest dungeon is great if you like roguelites - personally I think the PC makes controls much easier for it it but I have friends who have loved it on switch too.

I decided to repurpose this old thread to once again ask a question about what I should buy, however this time it’s a decision about which physical edition of a game I should buy.

I want to buy the physical copy of Death’s Door that Special Reserve is publishing, however I can’t decide if I should get the Switch or the PlayStation 5 version. I already own a copy for Series X|S, but that is digital only. I’d like a physical version that I can play even if the server copies vanish. If you feel up to it, help me decide which one you think is the version I ought to get. Feel free to state your reasons in the comments below (links to the editions are embedded in the poll):

Help BMO pick a version of Death’s Door - Switch vs. PS5

0 voters

When I’m going for physical copies for posterity, I always assume that Blu-ray Discs will be easier to rip/recover data from than proprietary cartridges (and will contain higher-res data). :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks all. I went with PS5. @tylerisrandom you made a good point and it was what swayed me. If the goal is to have this as a backup you are probably right that the PS5 disc presents the best option.

Mario/Rabids is okay, but def get Wandersong! :slight_smile: Also, could not get into Wizard of Legend, but probably because it’s a rogueli?e (whichever) and therefore I’m programmed to not be able to get into it.

I hope you got Wandersong.

But here in the present, I was going to say PS5 for the same reasons @tylerisrandom said.

1 Like

I did get Wandersong! I still need to play it though.

2 Likes