Handhelds

Sadly I the rather tempting price was still significantly higher than the amount of money I have available for such things :smiley:

1 Like

It made the system difficult to fully enjoy. I loved Castlevania: Circle of the Moon and Golden Sun very much, even with the dim screen.

1 Like

I have always loved Nintendo handhelds, even more than their home consoles. I got a 3ds as a gift this past Christmas and that’s what I’ve been playing for the most part. My ps4 has almost not been used. In my opinion, I don’t like mobile games. I like the feeling of pressing buttons. I don’t like motion controls or tapping/ slashing things. Unfortunately, it seems that is the direction that the industry is going, motion control gaming…sigh… I better play as much as I can before that happens.

1 Like

Relevant.

3DS still a ‘key part’ of Nintendo’s business, ‘various possibilities’ considered for a successor

2 Likes

I built a couple handheld Retropie consoles (in an original Gameboy and a Gameboy Advance shell), and have been playing the crap out of those. I’m reeeally close to buying a “New 2DS XL” to play some NDS and newer games.

I owned a VIta (won it from Taco Bell), but unfortunately the games never materialized. Hopefully whoever bought it from me on eBay is enjoying it, since I think I only used it for about 10 hours.

2 Likes

I had a rough time making a Pigrrl. The audio wouldn’t work, too much interference with the battery. It wasn’t much fun to make. I might just scrap it for the pi. Props to you for getting everything to work.

Lately I’ve been loving my Vita. I’m going to grab every game I can from PS Plus while they continue to offer titles for it. By March support for PS3 and Vita will be going away, games offered on Plus by then will just be PS4.