Halloween Gaming Challenge 2022! šŸŽƒ

i thought the same thing; it would be fun to have more seasonal challenges. Maybe not right away

For me, I decided if I used a game for one thing, it was ineligible for anything elseā€¦most of them with one of these things had more

But it turned out, not quite all of them

2 Likes

I feel the same way. I would be playing a game and come across multiple items to check off. That is a big reason why I stayed away from too many Castlevania games as well, as with a few of those, the challenge could be over which is fine for others but I wanted to break out and experience other titles too. I ended up keeping a Google Sheet open while playing to remind me what to look out for too which helped.

In regards to seasonal, having a decent break in between is welcome, but it would be fun to do a winter themed one, or even in the summer a summer themed one with a water level being an item to check off. Interesting to see what levels people pick.

2 Likes

I used Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow and Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin for ā€œbatā€ and ā€œwerewolfā€ respectivelyā€¦I had been considering re-visiting them around this time anyway, as I hadnā€™t played them in years

Then I did the 3rd one, Castlevania: Order of Ecclessia after the challenge, just to finish the DS trilogy

I can think of two games with Santa in them, I think, though of course I imagine it would want to be inclusive of all winter holidays. And snow/ice-themed levels are probably a dime-a-dozen

2 Likes

Yeah it would definitely take a bit of thinking to come up with valid categories that are inclusive and not so generic.

2 Likes

Are non horror games allowed? I mean, I already played one that isnā€™t horror, itā€™s a platformer which isnā€™t scary. Nevertheless, I am trying my best to find actual horror games. I see a lot of non horror games in what people are posting. Can I play whatever Halloween themed, but nor horror? Thanks!

3 Likes

I would say yes but then again I didnā€™t create the challenge.

Personally, I wouldnā€™t classify a majority of games I tried/ used as horror especially PAC-MAN WORLD.

2 Likes

Ok! Thanks! I will still try to play horror games. Right now I am finishing Fran Bow under the cat category. Pretty good game.

2 Likes

Iā€™d say ideally horror games since Halloween is supposed to be a scary season :bat: but anyway if you just want to go with games that have a Halloween vibe or related subjects you totally can. I was planning on playing Medievil, which is not actually much of a horror game, but thereā€™s monsters and bats and cemeteries and stuff. Just haff fun and enjoy the Halloween season of the year! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Another one done.

Bat: B.A.T.S.
Cat: Fran Bow

3 Likes

Third one done!

Bats: B.A.T.S.
Ghost/ Haunting: Knock Knock

3 Likes

I wonā€™t be able to play video games for the next couple of days, so this is as far as I got in the challenge:

Bats: B.A.T.S.
Ghost/ Haunting: Knock Knock
Graveyard: Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Pumpkin: Pumpkin Eater
Monster: The Evil Within (half way through)

It has been a lot of fun, and I plan to finish the challenge on my own, at my own pace. Thanks for sharing this challenge!

3 Likes

One last stab to finish my participation. I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday.

Title Year Console/ Format Bat Cat Ghost/ Haunting Graveyard Jack-oā€™-lantern/ Pumpkin Monster Scarecrow Killer/ Murder Tricks/ Treats Vampire Werewolf Witch Zombie
Frankenstein: The Monster Returns 1990 NES X X X X X X X X
5 Likes