Halloween Games

What you guys got slotted for halloween? I think I’m going to play Ghouls 'N ghosts on supergrafx Daimakaimura (SuperGrafx) - The Cutting Room Floor Wish me luck lol

Last year I enjoyed Demons’ crest (was awesome) and before that was Symphony of the Night.
Also Halloween on 2600 is a cool gem. (but i didnt play on Halloween)
I’d recommend any of these games!

So what you guys got going?

2 Likes

Halloween is generally more of a movie period for me. Plus the fact that I just started a new job which is taking up a lot of time and energy, I can hardly find moments to game now. I’ll probably play some Halloween themed Overwatch with friends. I might pick up Amnesia, Soma or Alan Wake too, if I can find some time. I still have all those in my Steam library, so that should help cleaning that out too.

4 Likes

Something shorter since I just don’t have that much time at the moment. Thinking about finally tackling Geist. Maybe Resident Evil Gaiden.

I want to play Black The Fall
It’s dark dystopian game with very stylish art. I heard the puzzles are diverse and absorbing.

Maybe not that niche but I’m going back for some good old Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare.
I really love the creepy feeling this game has all around! Would absolutely recommend it. It’s some unleashed Rockstar right there

Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare

2 Likes

I don’t really wanna play anything new, but Monster Hunter World: Iceborne will have a Resident Evil themed event. That will be perfect for Halloween.

I played The 7th Guest for the first time… it wasn’t very scary though.

2 Likes

I have to know, were you able to get through the can puzzle in the cupboard without looking it up?

No, that was a nonsense sentence it wanted me to figure out.

2 Likes

I remember when I was a kid, my dad bought us the strategy guide for that game. The “hint” for that puzzle was a huge list of words that have the letter q in it. Still had to look it up because it’s a dumb puzzle :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG, it was the most frustrating puzzle in my life :confounded: For not-native English speakers it’s not solvable !

1 Like

I’m really curious about this puzzle now.

There were cans in a pantry with letters on them. They were arranged like this:

YYY YYYYY YYYBC GHLLLM PPPRR RS SS SSTTT

You had to swap them around until you had a sentence. The number of letters per word stayed the same (so the first word is 3 letters, second is 5, etc). So basically you had to know a bunch of words that had Y in them (I said Q earlier because I’m dumb).

It was just really hard, and it was an absurd sentence that made no sense.

2 Likes

Even knowing exactly what to do I’m struggling to figure out the sentence. I love puzzles, but this looks like a headache. I will solve this.

Actually, breaking this down its not nearly as intimidating. Are the rest of the puzzles int he game of similar quality? If so I’m very interested.

2 Likes

I’m impressed. You’re 90% of the way there.

That’s definitely the hardest puzzle that I remember. There are definitely some super simple puzzles too, but I remember overall the puzzles being decent. The story of the game is real weird, and the FMV is pretty awesome (bad). I think it goes on sale for $5 on GOG sometimes.

I looked it up. I couldn’t stop thinking about it while listening to a particularly boring database lecture. I’m a little mad I even tried now. IT’S BARELY A SENTENCE. Some tool with a paid Mensa membership was extremely proud of them self for this slaughtering of the english language.

Shy gypsy slyly spryly tryst by my crypt.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s pretty dumb. I was impressed you had several of the words on your list there. It’s why I always complain about that puzzle anytime someone brings that game up :slight_smile:

1 Like

I actually had “tryst” on my list before I looked it up too, but somehow missed “gypsy”.