Great games you can't stand

I know these games are critically acclaimed but I still didn’t like them:

• The Witcher 3
  • Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2
  • All Batman games
  • Persona 5
  • Mass Effect Trilogy
  • Most Final Fantasy games

It seems I just don’t like open world games (but Zelda BotW is one of my favourite game of all time) and JRPGs

1 Like

Yeah, lots of open world games bother me too, I like the Batman games and Persona 5, but I think that’s largely because of how linear the main story is. I just hate it when a world is TOO BIG you know, when there’s so much to do I just feel overwhelmed.

1 Like

The only game i dropped so far are Prey series i tried Prey 2017 and Mooncrash and it’s wierd i kind of like and hate it at the same time many game design thing i can’t stand for.

1 Like

Wow, you and me both on both of these. I thought for sure I was one of the only people who couldn’t get into either of these series, and not for lack of trying!

2 Likes

It’s a tough thing, I think. How much ought art represent certain values and how much ought it represent how people act beyond those values? If a piece of literature is not virtuous in some form, then does that detract from its art? Or, even, if the author themselves is not a good person, then does that detract from the art-ness of a piece? I think this is a question that we all need to ask when we come to art, and especially when dealing with art from another culture entirely. For me, I’m not sure where to put the line between stuff that I can understand and look past and stuff that makes me put the game/book/piece of art down. Perhaps it’s different in each case, maybe even different for different play-throughs or viewings. I think the best we can do is be honest with the piece of art and our thoughts and feelings towards it. That, at the least, often leads to good discussions with others (as here), which is one of the hopes of art: drawing people closer together to look at reality all around them.

1 Like

I’m with you, Majora, about disliking open worlds. I dunno. I just get bored of wandering around. Maybe I haven’t played the good ones, though I’m not drawn to do so.

What kinda games do you like playing, then?

1 Like

Zelda: Skyward Sword. There i said it.

I think it was the motion controls and the linear gameplay

5 Likes

Games I can’t stand or more like franchise I can’t stand would probably be:

• Assassins creed (everything after Altair/Ezio)

• Fallout (franchise)

• Dark Souls (franchise)

1 Like

Not sure about can’t stand but I don’t love:

• Zelda games eventhough I can admit they’re good.
  • Fallout games which I like but aren’t crazy about.

Maybe I diluted your original topic but I also don’t particularly like FPS. The Fortnite/COD/Enter random FPS here multi player online game. I don’t love playing online. Online MTG:Arena is awesome along with Hearthstone to a lesser degree but non-turn based does not jive with me.

1 Like

haha, what kind of games do you llike ? i have a good games , lets make a group to play ?

1 Like

I started to play Bastion. Iam 1 hour in and theres nothing i like, should i continue?

1 Like

FromSoft Souls type games for me. I can see what people like, but I have tried so many times to get into them and just never could. I played Demon’s Souls, beat Bloodborne, and beat Dark Souls 3 and I just never felt invested or really liked them much. It’s not even that they’re too hard, I’m pretty competent at games, not amazing, but I can beat retro games which are way harder IMO. I’m not sure why they just won’t click for me.

2 Likes

Just saw this post. You should definitely keep going. I didn’t like Bastion at first but gave it another shot after seeing everyone mention it and ended up loving it.

3 Likes

Yes, continue. Bastion is awesome. I really liked it.

2 Likes

One of these games is for me

I had a really hard time to finish this game even with the restoration patch because of the boring Nar Shadaa part. Another reason was that the plot is way too philosopical for my personal liking in the Star Wars universe.

1 Like

Definitely
The Last of Us
Uncharted
Borderlands
Bioshock infinite.

So far these 4 games have been a massive disappointment for me.

1 Like

I also have to go with the last of us. I think it’s the linearity. Try, fail, try again, fail again, repeat, repeat, give up. In other games, I just do something else and come back later. . Maybe it just hasn’t clicked yet. But it probably never will.

1 Like

I don’t Enjoy Super Mario Bros. 3

https://www.grouvee.com/games/9575-super-mario-bros-3/

I just don’t get enjoyment while playing this game, even though I can tell it’s great. I just don’t enjoy the 2D mario games for the most part. ( I really like Mario Land 2)

1 Like

Hi,
Didn’t like

no action, no puzzles, no reason for being a good game
and

(laughed at the end)

1 Like

Fortnite and any moba

1 Like