Emojis?

At the risk of sounding like a kool kid, I was wondering if it might be possible to add the ability to use emojis on the main page? The reason for this is that I think they can really help get the “feeing” of a status/ update across. Intention can be hard to articulate in text, so sometimes a joe or sarcastic comment might come off as rude, but if we’re able to put a smiley or winking emoji after it then it could help clear that intention up.

It seems they are supported at least visually, as I’ve sometimes added them when posting from my phone as the keyboard has them built in - and they show in the site, but there is no way to add then on Grouvee itself.

Just clarifying, you want a menu item in the editor for emojis so that you can input an emoji if you’re using a device that does not have a built-in emoji keyboard (like Windows)? Something like the emoji selector in the editor here in the forums?

1 Like

Yeah, a selector would be good.

P.S. Windows has an emoji keyboard? I had no idea. How does one access it?

I used Windows as my example as the only one I know of that doesn’t have a built in emoji keyboard. Sorry if that was unclear. I’ll edit it to be clearer.

1 Like

I’ll flag @peter. I think this might actually be on his lengthy list of changes but I do think that since it’s here in the forums it would make sense to have in the main site. But easier said than done because they are different modules.

2 Likes

During text entry, type Windows logo key + . (period). The emoji keyboard will appear. It works in Windows 10 and 11.

2 Likes

Thanks, I didn’t know that.