Duplicate database entries

Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands is merged!

1 Like

Good policy but lot of these start out as mods. pretty much everything associated with half-life. killing floor 1, etc. is way older than it seems. Not sure how youā€™d even track release dates of stuff that is ā€˜in alphaā€™ before steam came around so it sounds foolish to me to worry about it. I wonder if the grouvee panel of new games coming out could more or less become wonky from the re-release dates of various ports of stuff like GTAV Ark Surival Evolved, tablet to PC ports, etc. Itā€™s commmon these days and not going away. Also small games are not going to be something you could trust GB to get release dates right. since itā€™s user fed data and it could even be exploited to promote games. I myself made a typo when making a page on GB, and was just too lazy to bother changing it. so, they dont check the facts necessarily. (Radiation Island page is mine) Fortunately if the game is small itā€™s likely that no user would care anyway what the release date is.

1 Like

Both Neighbors from Hell games are merged. I guess a British person couldnā€™t find them since they werenā€™t spelled with a U :slight_smile:

1 Like

Type:Rider is merged.

1 Like

Color Symphony is merged.

1 Like

Shadows on the Vatican is merged.

1 Like

Kingdom Rush is merged.

1 Like

Iā€™ve merged a bunch of games this morning. Iā€™ll get to the other ones soon!

1 Like

This isnā€™t necessarily a duplicate, but Iā€™m curious on how I should go about doing this.

A game called Rituals was recently in the Freedom Humble Bundle. Itā€™s in the Grouvee database, but not the GB database. If I add it to the GB database (which I have the ability to do), will this mess up the Grouvee database? Will the entries need to be merged afterwards?

https://www.grouvee.com/games/47068-rituals/

1 Like

It will add a duplicate to the database on our end, but thatā€™s OK. We can merge them. Iā€™d rather it be in the Giant Bomb database since more people have eyes on the data there and will theoretically update it if need be.

1 Like

I will do so, thanks.

1 Like

I merged Dragon Riders. I used the entry that has the game title as two words, but added an alias for the one word entry as well. It is hard to figure out which is the correct title of this game. The book series is one word, but the box art really makes it look like two words. Either way, the older entry is probably the better one to use.

1 Like

Badland is merged! Thanks!

1 Like

Thatā€™s very perceptive of you! Perception has been merged.

1 Like

Unturned is merged now!

2 Likes

Moirai is merge! I wonder why the years released were so off on the two entries.

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ve gone through and merged every request in this thread at this point. Let me know if I missed anything!

I didnā€™t respond to everyone necessarily, but if your post is deleted, I merged it.

1 Like

Could you merge Rituals?

Old: https://www.grouvee.com/games/47068-rituals/

New, on GB: Rituals (2015) | Grouvee

1 Like

There are pages for Shovel Knight and Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment, but there is no page for Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows. Iā€™m not sure if there should be a separate page for each campaign or if they should all be merged under Shovel Knight.

1 Like

I donā€™t know what to do with this one. Iā€™ve actually been thinking about how to handle it. Originally it is one game called Shovel Knight, which then received the Plague Knight DLC. The two are not (were not) distinct. Hence they donā€™t have disparate database entries. Specter of Torment was supposed to follow that model, but Yacht Club changed their plans late in development. Specter of Torment will still be free to people who already own the game, but Yacht Club has unbundled the DLC and is now selling them separately for people purchasing for the first time. Thus there are three distinct games: Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope, Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows and Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment. Eventually there will be a fourth starring King Knight.

My Problem is that there are people who own the game as Shovel Knight with all DLC under the original model, and other people who will own the games as separate titles. I am debating whether to rename Shovel Knight to Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope, or to leave the existing entry and create a separate Shovel of Hope entry. since Plague of Shadows will be available as a standalone purchase, I assume that will need an entry also. Iā€™m leaning toward the following database entries:

• Shovel Knight (original)
  • Shovel Knight: Shovel of Hope
  • Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows
  • Shovel Knight: Specter of Torment
  • shovel Knight: unnamed King Knight title

That is unless anyone has a compelling argument against.

2 Likes