Dragon Age 2

This is the discussion/completion topic for Dragon Age 2. Please keep any spoilers blurred!

da2
Title: Champion of Kirkwall

If you’ve completed the game, let us know below and an admin will make sure you get your badge!

1 Like

Completed. Soon to move on to Inquisition1

2 Likes

Definitely no where near as good as the first or third game. I think if this had been the first game made, it would have been amazing, but coming after Origins, it just falls short. That’s not to say it was bad, it just didn’t have the depth the first game had.

2 Likes

I liked it more than the first game. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Completed this right when it came out. It’s nowhere near as good as the first one, but I still liked it a lot. I was very surprised about all the hate it got.

2 Likes

I picked this one up only as I wanted to play inquisition, and was on a completion binge. I’d heard only bad things about it… I was, however, pleasantly surprised. I play these games for the stories and the characters, and DA2 is classic BioWare on that level. The combat was a horrible, uncontrollable mess but I set it on easy and enjoyed the rest.

2 Likes

Finished this about a year ago so I would have context for DAI. Not terrible, and the companions and dialogue are decent, but the repetitive maps and lackluster story start to wear on you after a while (until the very end, when things finally start to pick up). Not saying that every game has to be about saving the world, but it has to be engaging at least.

2 Likes

I really love DA II, especially the fact that the story is one largely of politics and diplomacy. It sets an perfect backdrop of the more epic events of Origins and Inquisition. Katherine Cross wrote an excellent perspective on DA II on Gamasutra that is worth a read for anyone who enjoys the game.

Why did Dragon Age II leave some fans so cold

2 Likes

Completed, Inquisition backlogged though…

2 Likes

Finished recently before playing inquisition. Didn’t enjoy this as much as the first, mostly due to the way it recycles areas and enemy spawns too much.

2 Likes

Not my fav of the three DA games, but still beat it

3 Likes

Beat it
And I liked the plot better than original cliché.

1 Like

Finished! My favorite of the three so far.

2 Likes

LOOOVE this one. I like it better than Inquisition and I’m pretty sure I completed 3 playthroughs of this game and 7 of DA:O

2 Likes

The weakest game in the series imo, but still enjoyable. Completed. :grinning:

2 Likes

I enjoyed Dragon Age: Origins more than this one but it was still a really great title.

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion I know, but this one was actually my favorite of the series! It definitely has its flaws but I loved the focus on the characters and their development over the years in Kirkwall.

2 Likes

Beat this game a while ago. :slight_smile:

After playing Origins it felt lazy. It was frustrating playing the same “dungeon” maps over and over just backwards or with various doors blocked. Varric got me through it though. He was amazing. I don’t regret playing through it, but I wasn’t left with the same need to start another game like I was with both Origins and Inquisition.

2 Likes

I wish DA2 had had some extra development time to get some more polish–as it is, I think it’s the weakest of the series so far. But I still have an enormous soft spot for it. :slight_smile: Badge please!

2 Likes

This is actually the first game in the Dragon Age series I’ve finished. I like it for its well-developed (albeit tad cliché) story and the relatively accessible gameplay although it falls short in other areas. Getting further along in the game, I soon notice the world feels pretty limited and some quest locations get recycled.
I do have the DA: Origins in my backlog, although I’m gonna have to accept the regression to the silent protagonist feature.

2 Likes