Do you support games on Kickstarter?

I’m just curious if anyone here has supported any games on Kickstarter before? I’m a big fan of the MYST series of games and their developer cyan just launched a kickstarter for a new game called Firmament. I’ve never supported a game on kickstarter so I was just curious about others experience.

Here’s the game Firmament by Cyan Worlds, Inc. — Kickstarter if you’re interested.

I did. Once. One day Cryamore will come…

I supported Ghost of a Tale on Indiegogo and Knights & Bikes on Kickstarter. Both were successful and Ghost of a Tale is an enjoyable game and Knights & Bikes is looking to be great.

I’ve also back non video game projects and some game projects that failed.

I’ve backed anime projects, and the Myst physical book kickstarter- but never a game. I think this is going to take a lot longer than the other projects I’ve backed. I missed Cyan’s other kickstarter for Obduction- but that game is great. I have full confidence this game would be as good, if not better.

I’ve backed the crowdfunding campaigns for Torment: Tides of Numenera and Pillars of Eternity, as well as the Starstorm Expansion for Awesomenauts. Together with getting Mount & Blade in beta (back in 2006!) these are the only games i’ve bought before they were released. I distrust most developers so i normally avoid any kind of pre-ordering.

Honestly, I haven’t. Mainly because by the time that I hear of a cool game that’s on kickstarter it already has reached its goal.

1 Like