Console Repair

That’s incredible! I just ordered one thanks to you! How did you hear about it?
It’s up to you for the mod project. If you want to give me a design I could make a stencil and you could pick out the colors.

2 Likes

@8bithero, have you seen this? NESPI

1 Like

Not sure if you sent the right link? Do you mean Raspberry Pi in an NES case?

1 Like

Sorry about that @8bithero. I have since fixed the link. I just thought you might appreciate the craft that went into designing and building this custom mini NES box. The guy even made custom cartridges for it. It’s not a real NES or a NES hack, but it is impressive nonetheless.

1 Like

Wow, that’s cool! Funny you should send me that. I just started a new project. Bought a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B with Retropie loaded. Also picked up a broken, and I mean broken, NES. I tried my usual tricks to get it working but it’s not working, PERFECT! The case is in decent shape and that’s all I want, well maybe the power switch too (which I still need to test but I believe it works). They just came in the mail today, so your link could not have come at a better time. Originally I wanted to do the project to later sell but was unsure about selling roms loaded on the pi. I could still sell minus roms but now I think it would be awesome to keep it for myself.

Here are the links I find useful:
Step by step project
Another person’s take on it
Necessary shutdown switch if keeping NES power/reset buttons
Short step by step. The pictures are very helpful
Nice little blog with some great ideas and clean look

As you can see, I like to look at basically the same thing from multiple sources so I can chose the route I like the most, or just take a little bit of each.

2 Likes

Fun project. I’m planning to build a couple new RetroPies, but I am planning to go with a small compact case that I can tuck away.

1 Like

You must post pictures when you’re done. I’ll do the same with my various mods and current build. I can’t believe how easy rp is to use. retropie is great and adding roms can’t be much easier. I just ordered a wireless keyboard and green led’s. I plan on doing an obnoxious paint job with stencil and viewing window on the nes.

I feel kind of bad taking perfectly good nintendos and painting over the classic case. Do you think it’s blasphemous @bmo?

1 Like