@peter (and/or anyone else who may have an answer), what became of backlog or completion badges? Would there be any interest in reviving this and doing more badges? Or perhaps it was stopped because it wasn’t worth the effort? Just curious!
It mostly just comes down to time. @Jess hasn’t had any time to do more. It doesn’t take a lot of effort on my part to make the badges in the system, I’m just a terrible artist If you (or anyone) wants to make one, I’d be happy to put them into the system.
Cool. Maybe I’ll whip some up, I have lots of time this summer.
QUESTION about this for everyone who may care: Pretend there were going to be badges for every game on the site. Should titles like Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal, or Pokemon Gold & Silver/Heart Gold Soul Silver, get different badges, or just lump into one? Or would you consider this on an individual title basis?
Here’s some of my thoughts, if it helps.
- FF7 and 7 Remake should be different entries
- Something like Link’s Awakening and LA DX should not be separate
- Final Fantasy 5 would only be one entity, not differentiate between the mobile/steam version, the PS version, pixel remaster, etc.
- Something like Star Ocean 1 would all be one entity.
- I have no clue what to do for the Pokemon ones.
- Something like Doom and Ultimate Doom would be one thing.
What are your thoughts? My current take is only one badge per total title unless it’s a new and unique thing.
I agree with your assessments on every case. If I had to pick a way on the Pokemon, I would just do one per set. Theoretically that kind of jives with the way Grouvee handles game pages, although I know we can find examples where it doesn’t.