API for managing games

Is there any public API available for managing games to make it easier to organize large collections instead of having to search for each game manually and adding to respective shelves?

I’m assuming not, and may just try to reverse-engineer the network requests to tailor to my needs (if that’s ok with @peter), but just wanted to check before attempting it.

2 Likes

I don’t have it publicly documented, but yeah, if you just watch the XHR network traffic on a shelf page, you should be able to figure out how to add and remove games from your shelf.

Adding games is pretty simple:
POST to https://www.grouvee.com/api/shelves/<shelf_id>/games/ with a payload {id: <game_id>}

Removing games is a little trickier. You have to know the ID of the shelf entry to delete it off of a shelf. You’d have to parse that from the HTML, or figure it out from https://www.grouvee.com/api/shelves/build_shelf_page/<shelf_id>/

It could definitely be done, and I don’t really mind if you want to figure out a better way to do it. Let me know if you’ve got questions!

5 Likes

Awesome, this is helpful! I’ll take a look at working on this once I get some time, sounds like a fun project to take on.

3 Likes

I’d be interested in taking a look at your plan to implement. Is this an idea so that you can automatically add titles from other stores to Grouvee?

I came here to begin the conversation around what could be done to add that functionality. I am interested in the problem.

1 Like

Yeah, essentially this. I’ve kinda moved to a local/offline tracker for games since it was getting out of hand having hundreds of games (a lot of which I wasn’t interested in). Now I have a list of games that I’m actually interested in playing and separate lists for games I’ve gotten from Epic Games/Prime Gaming/etc.

I did have very basic WIP project for interacting with the Grouvee API…but can’t seem to find the code for it. It wasn’t much though.

There are some tools that fetch lists of games for the above mentioned collections (listed below).

1 Like