Here it comes … the 2020 Grouvee Challenge!
Upgraded, expanded and now impossible to 100% - ultimate confrontation with your pile of shame & a call to exploration!
HOW TO JOIN:
- To begin, make a copy of the spreadsheet to your own Google Drive - Choose File > Make a copy > My Drive
- In your file choose SHARE button and change to “anyone with the link can view”
- Create New Topic here in the “Grouvee Challenge” category.
- Paste the link of your personalized spreadsheet in text of the first post.
- Next time you beat the game add it to spreadsheet and make a post in your topic.
- Leaving a few words about your experience would be nice
- Feel free to talk about other participants’ progress.
- Color code your game titles, green for completed, red for playing, gray for want to play.
Also feel free to ask for recommendations for games if a category has you stumped!
- Games must be played between January 1 and December 31 of 2020.
- Each game can only be used once.
- You need to finish the game, but you don’t have to 100% it.
- If game doesn’t have “main story”, play at least 3 hours (simulations, MMO’s, etc)
This year there are 3 tiers, each containing 7 groups of 10 quests.
Tier 1 “Game Elements” gives you insight into the aesthetics of game art and storytelling.
It forces you to try a wide range of games & to break your habits.
Tier 2 “Game Experience” is about subjective nature of play. Feel free to interpret the quests instead of looking for “correct answers”.
Tier 3 “Behind the scenes” is about video game industry - you will need to do some research with uncle Google.
When you begin, choose between two “game modes”. Diffculty levels are based on number of games played.
Choose any group that suits you.
Feel free to edit your list, but remember that the challenge is about discovering!
- Casual - Complete two group
- Easy - Complete four groups
- Medium - Complete six groups
- Hard - Complete eight groups
- Extreme - Complete ten groups… or more!
You need to beat previous difficulty to move to next! For example to finish Challenge on Medium you need to beat two Tier 1 and Tier 2 groups before beating additional 1x T1 and T2 groups.
- Casual ------- Complete 2x Tier 1 group
- Easy ---------- Complete 2x Tier 1 group & 2x Tier 2 group
- Medium ----- Complete 3x Tier 1 group & 3x Tier 2 group
- Hard ---------- Complete 3x Tier 1 group & 3x Tier 2 group & 2x Tier 3 group
- Extreme ----- Complete 3x Tier 1 group & 4x Tier 2 group & 3x Tier 3 group … or more!
Feel free to ask questions here if you have any!