The First Annual Playstation Experience

What are everyone’s thoughts on this weekend’s Playstation Experience? Is it effective in getting you excited for the future of the Playstation brand? Live coverage following the link:

http://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2014/playstation-experience/

Personally, I’m most thrilled that they are finally bringing Yakuza 5 to the west. David Jaffe’s new game looks like a multiplayer-take on MadWorld, which I’m all for. Bloodborne and No Man’s Sky continue to dazzle. Can’t say I was very impressed by the new Uncharted trailer–it looks derivative of the Tomb Raider reboot, which in itself is derivative of Uncharted (… which itself is derivative of original Tomb Raider). My favorite aspect of Uncharted is getting to explore beautiful locations, and my least favorite aspect is the high number of shooting galleries, so I wasn’t thrilled when more than half the trailer shows Nathan shooting a bunch of dudes. I was also disappointed by Street Fighter V, particularly its art direction. I think Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike has some of the best 2D spritework around, so it’s disappointing to see they’re sticking with the beefy 3D models. Not that that will keep me from playing it for hours upon hours.

What have been the highlights for you?

I didn’t watch any of it, but I’ve read a lot of the highlights on Joystiq.

The Vita is getting a whole ton of love. Bastion, Shovel Knight, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Resident Evil: Revelations 2, The Banner Saga, Suikoden 1 and 2, Super Time Force Ultra, Towerfall Ascension, Broken Age, Day of the Tentacle are all getting releases next year on the Vita. I already think it might be my favorite system, and that’s a pretty sweet lineup to add to it.

I’ve never played the Yakuza games, so that’s not getting me going too much. Bloodborne still looks very bloody, and awesome.

I guess the PC port of Final Fantasy VII on the PS4 is cool, but I don’t think I’ll play it. I already have it on my PC.

Basically I think Sony is telling everyone to buy a Vita.