Super Mario Bros

This is the discussion/completion topic for Super Mario Bros… Please keep any spoilers blurred (if spoilers are even possible for this game)!

mario
Title: Plumber

If you’ve completed the game, let us know below and an admin or moderator will make sure you get your badge!

2 Likes

I’ve definitely beat this one many, many times.

2 Likes

I’ve finished many times as well! Cool looking badge!

2 Likes

This badge doesn’t seem to be going out, and I can’t figure out why. When you query it, it says t should be assigned.

Also I finished this game too, when I was 6 or 7. Back then I was pretty sure it was the greatest accomplishment anyone could ever hope to complete. :laughing:

It was a long, hard road, filled with parents constantly turning the NES off while I was at school because I had ‘left it on and forgot to turn it off’. I would try to shove it behind the TV so they wouldn’t notice it, or else I would lose all progress!

2 Likes

I can haz mushroom? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t know what the deal with the badges is right this second. The only thing I can figure is Discourse (the forum software) changed something with the tables, and I have to look at how the badges get triggered. I’ll look at it tonight.

1 Like

The other new ones I added seem to be working, at least the Myst badge is, you got that one. I’ll post to the other games I’ve finished and see if those badges reward correctly.

1 Like

Yeah, I fixed a couple little typos. I’ll see if they backfill overnight, and then go fix stuff if that doesn’t happen.

1 Like

Def beat this years ago! thanx

2 Likes

Did a speed run in college. I used warps though.

2 Likes

That’s all I ever did too!

1 Like

There are some really cool levels if you don’t warp. I like the night ones and black and white levels.

2 Likes

Finished this one too. Gimme a “World 1-1” badge.

2 Likes

Finished this one quite a few times. I would like a badge for this, please.

2 Likes

Both badges should be awarded!

1 Like

I first played this game on Wii, but I didn’t actually beat it until I got it on 3DS as part of the ambassador program.

I had such a hard time playing this game at first because I was so spoiled by New Super Mario Bros.

2 Likes

Finished it too. As for the badge name, it should be something regarding you rescuing Princess Peach, like “Finally, that’s the right one”, because always finding the wrong one is the definite Mario trope and origin of countless jokes and memes even to this day.

3 Likes

Finished many times.

2 Likes

I can’t count how many times I played this and finished it

3 Likes

First game I owned back in the day. First game I ever completed, too.

3 Likes