Manga & Anime Talk

I am genuinely sad that My Hero Academia has finally ended. Easily my favourite of the new-gen shounens!

Excited to see what type of manga Horikoshi would want to make next. He’s clearly a talented mangaka!

2 Likes

A new anime I’ve recently watched and loved is Zom 100. It’s such a fun and hopeful take on living in a post-apocalyptic zombie hellscape. Only one season is out and another hasn’t been announced yet so I started buying the manga. Some of the things I love about it is the animation, its discussion of workplace abuse, and survival competency. It’s also very goofy. I only have the first two volumes so I can’t really comment on how enjoyable the manga is in comparison to the anime.

I’ve also really been enjoying Frieren. My partner has read a bit of it online before its localization so he was really excited to watch the anime with me. Some parts of been spoiled for me already which is upsetting but I can’t do anything about it. It’s one of my biggest pet peeves. I haven’t started reading the manga yet but the first season was great.

Both of these are new favorites and I’d recommend them to everyone.

2 Likes

My latest manga haul.

7 Likes

Initial D :two_hearts: fantastic. Hes got a new series now that has a new protagonist but Takumi is like his teacher. Its called MF Ghost. Also ive hear Zom100 is really good.

2 Likes

I’m not far enough to be able to recommend the manga but the anime for Zom 100 is fantastic.

1 Like

Shaman King is my childhood favorite

3 Likes

love me some initial d

1 Like

Here’s my current manga collection.

Bookshelves

1 Like

Very nice ! Needs more Shaman King. I might re-read that for October, again

I never got around to finishing Sailor Moon…

Some creatures in there, too

1 Like

I’ve never read Shaman King but it’s been on my list for awhile so I was happy when my partner nabbed it during our last bookstore date. It’ll be awhile before I get to it as I’m not including our other library of books which is novels but I will eventually…

1 Like

Lets go Mega Tokyo! I love Junpei, the mortal kombat ninja.

Also you have one of my all time favorite books on your shelves

1 Like

Hmmmm. I wonder which one it is… You didn’t specifically say manga so I’m wondering if it’s one the random Tom Clancy’s in the third photo.

Nope, not clancy. Opposite genre direction lol

1 Like

Is it one of the light novels? Another?

Its got dragons! And magics

1 Like

Ohhhhh I’m so dumb. Eragon. I do not recommend the illustrated edition. There are only a few illustrations total. The chapter heads have a neat illustration but they use the same one for each chapter. Not worth the price but having a big pretty hardcover is nice.

Naw, i wont. I own first edition hardbacks of the entire series. I got them all at release pretty much

1 Like