Duplicate database entries

The totally-not-persona title Blue Reflection was released yesterday, and it seems we have two entries for it.

https://www.grouvee.com/games/56931-blue-reflection/

I actually consider getting this one. While I’m not the biggest fan of round based combat, this really reads a lot like the overall structure of Persona, which I love. I’m just a bit scared that the overall magical girl tone of the game makes the story mostly forced drama.

2 Likes

Blue Reflection is merged!

I’m going to leave your comment here though. The game sounds cool.

1 Like

the playstation portable release under the “final fantasy tactics” game is already listed in the “final fantasy tactics: war of the lions” separate game. i don’t know whether the two games should be merged or the psp release of the original fft should be deleted.

also, silent hill 2 and silent hill 2: restless dreams are basically the same game, pc and xbox releases are exact duplicates. they should be probably be merged.

1 Like

Journey Down is merged!

1 Like

I have been curious at times what happens to a grouvee user that has a game on a shelf, and then GB removes pages… Do grouvee users risk losing shelf entries from when this happens? I know when grouvee merges pages, it merges the content associated with it. but whay happens if GB has some kind of “pruning”, purge or outright vandalism?

it seems i often run across things i play and find it odd i hadnt shelved them. probably just me but I even wrote a review for ENEMY and found it suprising that it wasnt shelved. If theres anything to my paranoid fears, i thought this game might be a good candidate.

If stuff can dissappear from shelves, is there a way that users could be notified of changes like that? If you made a utility that can look and compare it might be useful, but maybe i am just imagining it, as i know i miss shelving stuff for whatwver reason

1 Like

FYI, I will be getting to all these entries very soon!

Nope! I do not automatically delete games from Grouvee’s database if they are on people’s shelves. The script that detects deleted Giant Bomb games will delete games from Grouvee that have no activity, dates, shelf data, etc. associated with them. If anyone has shelved a game, I just print out a report saying it’s been deleted from Giant Bomb, go figure out why. Then I have to go merge the game with something else, or maybe just leave it as is.

As far as your not having a reviewed game shelved, it doesn’t automatically shelve anything for you if you review, so maybe you just forgot to shelve it. If you see anything where you think Grouvee did something weird, you just let me know.

1 Like

The script that detects deleted Giant Bomb games will delete games from Grouvee that have no activity, dates, shelf data, etc. associated with them. If anyone has shelved a game, I just print out a report saying it’s been deleted from Giant Bomb

Thats cool! I was merely curious how it worked. I know sometimes i do not properly transition titles between my shelves properly (i.e. wishlist to played, it might stay on both) despite trying to be careful. something not getting sent to a shelf, is probably a user error, but you can imagine how i might wonder how it happened. I feel better about knowing i wont have to one day comb through things at some point due to that sort of thing. thanks!

1 Like

Abyss has been merged!

1 Like

Both Dreamscapes games have been merged!

1 Like

SimplePlanes is finally merged!

1 Like

Sonic Forces Speed Battle is finally merged!

1 Like

Sorry about the super delayed response on this. I’ve requested the 4 releases of War of the Lions be deleted from Giant Bomb. Seems like those should be removed since War of the Lions has its own page, and it definitely deserves it in my mind.

As for Silent Hill 2, I think I’m going to leave that alone. I know they’re basically the same game, but I think Giant Bomb thinks they’re different enough to give them each their own page, and I’ll just go with it.

1 Like

Battleminer and Swap Fire have been merged

1 Like

Haha, that’s pretty damn obscure. I’ve merged Secret Command into Rambo First Blood Part II

1 Like

Opus Magnum is merged!

1 Like

Titan Quest and One More Dungeon have been merged!

2 Likes

RPG Maker and Ace Mathician are merged. This is one of the few times I took the Grouvee entry over the GB entry on Ace because we had way more info entered!

1 Like

Card Crawl is merged!

1 Like

Whew! I think I’m all caught up for once. Let me know if I missed something.

1 Like