Duplicate database entries

Thanks for the quick reply. For now I’ll post what I find as I find it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That was my fault. The game wasn’t there when it came out on Tuesday, so I added it. It probably got added to Giant Bomb shortly after.

1 Like

I think they’re duplicates. Giant Bomb only has the Three Fourths Home entry in their database with the Extended Edition as a release.

I actually just wrote a utility that tells me what games have been deleted out of Giant Bomb that are still in our database, and it detected this one.

My next step is to give us tools to merge games together, like in the case of this one. I can’t delete either one out yet because people have both games on their list. Once I get a more mature set of tools @bmo, do you have any interest in being a curator? I really want to get the data cleaned up, and have a more formal set of rules for how we handle things.

2 Likes

@peter I would be happy to lend a hand if there is something I can assist with. Also, thank you for looking into it. I noticed the duplicate because I managed to put one on my currently playing list and one on my backlog around the same time. I spotted it when looking at my personal shelf and saw the duplication.

1 Like

I guess I can cross that off my list of things to do. My schedule is freeing up some, so I can dive into stuff. Let’s talk again soon on priorities.

1 Like

Anno 1602 is a mess: Search results for "anno 1602"

1 Like

Alright guys, the day is finally here, I’ve finished my merge function here on Grouvee!

We should be able to get rid of a whole bunch of duplicates now. Start piling them in here again, and I’ll get to them as I can. I’ll reply to your post as I do it, and then I’ll hide your post.

1 Like

Space Food Truck and Oxenfree have been merged.

1 Like

Crashlands, The Long Journey Home, and Renown Explorers have all been merged.

1 Like

Hardware Rivals is merged!

1 Like

Three Fourths Home merged.

1 Like

MSGV and Mario Kart 8 have been merged. The 2 Fantasy Life entries are correct. One is for the Japanese release, and one is for the Western release. I guess they’re different enough games that Giant Bomb decided they needed separate entries.

1 Like

Intrusion 2, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, The Magic Obelisk, and Cookie Clicker have been merged.

The Flame in the Flood is merged.

CrossCode is merged!

Story of Seasons is merged!

Factorio is finally merged!

All 3 entries for Momodora: Reverie have been merged!

Just merged Ark: Survival Evolved, Diable III: Reaper of Souls, Fallout 4, Resident Evil, Resident Evil 0, Party Hard, and Final Fantasy Type 0.

Story of Seasons, Bravely Default, and Monster Hunter 4 all have 2 pages for the western releases vs. the Japanese releases. I guess they’re different enough for GB to warrant different entries.

Dragon Quest 7 is merged! I just added the wrong one to my wish list earlier today too!